ScottHerz

Vive Pro Eye: Finding a single eye origin in world space

Have you tried the Focused sample code enclosed in SRanipal's Unity plugin?

The sample itself does not match my use case. It uses Focus() to check if the gaze hits a collider. I need to know the origin and direction of the gaze, even if the user is not looking at an object. I log that data and show it to the user afterwards to give them feedback on where they were looking at.

And I traced the method calls and saw that Fccus() calls GetGazeRay(index, out ray) and then GetGazeRay(index, out origin, out direction) and that last one is the same as I am using.

But I did learn in the meantime that I can use the LineRenderer with local space. If I do that and set the points to:
0,gazeOriginLocal
1,gazeOriginLoca+gazeDIrectionLocal*lengthOfRay
I get a quite accurate gaze pointer.

It still would be great to get world coordinates as well, since it requires converting the gazeDirectionLocal to a world verctor, using the head rotation, so if someone has a good method for that I would be very interested (Vector3.Cross is not the right one, I think, as that gives a vector perpendicular to two other vectors and we need something like an addition).

And to get back to my original question, it looks like the asnwer is yes, system origin in the diagram is camera.transform.position in Unity.