Vive with Lip capability

RonF

So I've downloaded the SRanipal SDK, looking to do some experiementation with eye tracking, hand tracking and lip tracking - but I can'not find a place to buy the hardware (i.e. where's the lip tracking module)  - I expect that it's a dev-only thing, but the SDK just says of the hardware "Vive HMD with Lip capability" with no hints. I've asked some HTC folks and have gotten the response "Look that the dev forums" - but I see nary a mention. Can someone get in touch with me please re: lip tracking?

PM sent.

FYI, the lip tracking module is not a consumer device and is not planned for sale currently.  We are working with developers and enterprise that are interested in experimenting with it for potential applications.

• 11 months later...
On 6/11/2019 at 5:31 AM, Corvus said:

PM sent.

FYI, the lip tracking module is not a consumer device and is not planned for sale currently.  We are working with developers and enterprise that are interested in experimenting with it for potential applications.

Hello there @Corvus.I am a researcher interested in a lip tracking module for education purposes. How can I get my hands on it?

Edited by Nermeen

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2019 at 5:31 AM, Corvus said:

PM sent.

Hello Corvus. I'm a c# developer with unity, and i also interested in a lip tracking module for education purposes. 

I have developed vr contents before, and I want to develop contents using vive pro eye and lip module this time, How can I get my hands on it?

@RedShift Can you please PM with with more info about your project. Generally speaking, we've only seeded the lip tracker to devteams we have an established relationship with since it's pretty experimental and is strictly developer-facing at this time. Please me know in your message if you already have a Pro eye kit and what you're doing it it.