How to properly set scale to life-size scale

csg_fruiz

Wonderful! activating the device height script on WaveVR worked!

thanks for all the help!

Here's the results from the apk you sent.

3a.    the y went from 1.8 to ~1.3

3b. the y went from 1.8 to ~2.1

Inside the VR though, I'm higher and unable to reach the buttons on the bottom. Also it feels like i am floating above the floor (feet not touching floor)

i did a force-stop everytime to make sure the app is fully closed. I also removed the headset for 5 seconds until it went into suspend mode in both 3a and 3b scenerios.

FYI: I'm 5ft 6in, but i had a person that that is 6ft tall try it and he had the same problem.

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I have a similar problem.

I started to develop for the Focus Plus a week ago.

Reading your conversation helped me already, since I added the "CustomDeviceHeight" Script into my sence (to the ViveRig object) to adjust the INITIAL deveice height. So when I start the scene everything is fine.

But still, everytime I use the teleport function (ViveInputUtility script), the height messes up and I am way too high in the virtual world (about 1 meter too high).

I followed all the instructions given here (order when to put on HMD...)

I have the problem that I am unable to pick up items from the ground, since I touch the real floor before my controller in the virtual world touches its ground.

Id be very very thankful for some advice, since I am looking for a solution for multiple days already.

Cheers,

Magnus

Could you share your project? Or screenshot on how you add your CustomDeviceHeight.cs?

By referring to the VIU example scene(Teleport or ColliderEvent), you should just add CustomDeviceHeight.cs.

Did you modify the UpdateHeight function in the CustomDeviceHeight.cs file?

Hi, thanks for the fast reply.

Here is how I added the CustomDeviceHight.cs

And here is how I modfied the CustomDeviceHeight script by adding the Wave.VR case:

I tried several y-Values for the ViveRig object, but that doesnt really affect the height of the HMD.

Only the public Height of CustomDeviceHeight script does so.

I just adjusted the hierachy. Now it looks like this:

In the example scene the hierachy still differs a bit. As you can see the childs are named in a different way.

I also copied the whole gameObject VROrigin from the example scene.

But I still cannot grab items from the virtual ground, because I reach the real floor too early.

One quick test by using VIU's example scene(Teleport or ColliderEvent), and adjust the height to your value -0.4, then in this app, is the height ok for you?

If in VIU example scene you also reach floor way too early, you might need to adjust the value.

And, could you also check the X, Y and Z values of position for VROrigin and DeviceHeight?

If it is still not resolving your problem, could you share your project for us to check? Thanks!