Video playback issues - Vive Focus

thealgo1234

There was an update to the vive focus video player app, but now 3d is completely disabled with this update.   Any way to rectify this issue?

Also as the vive focus runs at a fixed 75hz refresh rate, 60fps videos will look jerky regardless (Same issue with mirage solo too) this is due to frame rate mismatch and some judder occurs due to this

Are there any plans for a 60hz mode (like on the oculus go) or to implement frame blending to reduce the jitter?

Hi  ,

Our RD team tried the apk updated by last week, options to switch 2D/180/360 and stereoscopic type (Mono/Over-Under/Side-by-Side) work well as expected. Visual settings only cannot be switched when watching a Vimeo video, because the suggested format is determined based on server configuration.  

And, could you provide below info. for further clarification?

• Which video you are experiencing? Local video or Vimeo streaming?
  • A screenshot about "3D is completely disabled"

Thanks.

Video is side by side 4k 180 degree h264

When i mention no 3d, Its basically the same image per eye that is displayed which does not generate the 3d image (even though side by side and 3d 180 video is selected)

I am using the latest firmware for the chinese consumer vive focus if that makes any difference which is

System update 5.1

ROM version: 1.69.1405.3

Also in regards to the 60fps video playback?  Any chance of detecting 60fps content and changing refresh rate of the display to match the framerate?    The only device that currently does this is the oculus go.    (Even the oculus quest does not do this - i recieved it today)

• Like 1

Hi  ,

For now, Viveport Video doesn't support this "3D" format mentioned by you. 

Is this the MUST have feature required from your point of view?

As for another question:

The Vive Focus runs at a fixed 75hz refresh rate, 60fps videos will look jerky regardless (Same issue with mirage solo too) this is due to frame rate mismatch and some judder occurs due to this

The display refresh rate is related to HW configuration. We cannot limit the refresh rate from SW application. 

Thanks.

Ok so, what worked before does not work properly now with the new update

There was no issue with loading side by side 3d 180 degree content (the same video file i tried) on the older version.  (it was displayed in 3D).    New version displays in mono regardless of settings.    I was querying whether or not there may be an issue with this due to having the consumer china version of the headset

Thanks for the information in regards to not being able to fall back to 60hz mode for 60fps videos.   Only standalone device that currently can do this is the oculus go where it falls back to 60hz in software where need be

Version of Vive Video app is 2.1.8.  (This is the one that has the problem of displaying 3D 180 degree video as mono video.

When reverting back to 2.1.7, all is fine and the video is displayed in 3D

System version is 1.69.1405.3

Recently also got an update to the UI from 1.4.20 to 1.4.22, but no difference.

• 1 year later...

@thealgo1234, how do i revert Vive Video app back to 2.1.7?

Thanks in advance.

@HTC,

I just purchased a HTC VIVE FOCUS and a Lenovo vr180 camera.

To my disappointment I find that the Vive video app does not support vr180 video, i have not yet tried normal 3d videos but i was certain when you have an option for side by side video it is to combine the left and the right into one to make it 3d (stereoscopic).

As 'thealgo1234' has mentioned, your app only shows one side instead of combining the 2 sides, how do i know this? well, when an object gets closer to your eyes its suppose to show depth (3d effect) but it instead look like its just bigger, people and animals that get closer look like they are giants.

Using my smartphone with the correct app inside a cardboard vr headset is a better experience than the HTC ViVe focus!

HTC fix your product and how about a proper youtube app too?