New VR treadmill 2019. SilverCord-VR "Red" Let's discuss it.

- 

Personal opinions: 

• This looks really versatile and compact compared to other treadmills. The ability to go full swim mode natively is pretty slick and I'm overall impressed with what you're able to do with such a small footprint. 
  • "VR Enthusiasts" and devs will likely throw shade about the PSVR/wands being powered off in that video
    • You may have to flush out the PCVR use-case more as that's where the enthusiasts and modders are.
  • The in-game locomotion pipeline is unclear to me from this video. Is there a middlewear you're developing for PSVR/PC or are you targeting native SDK support across PC and PSVR? I fall into the category of developers who believe that with VR, the SDK/API support itself is often the most important component of the product, even a physical one.
    • How are you tracking foot position and translating it to movement on PSVR? 

"VR Enthusiasts" and devs will likely throw shade about the PSVR/wands being powered off in that video

- oh yes. It appear to full pain, because I was forced to place this information for all places I can, but people ask every time. :D So, we have a question to discuss every time. And - yes, we just use PCVR as an example.

We will prefer to make a foundation which can be used by any other developers. This mean any tracker systems that can work with a sliding movement can be used. May be we will cooperate with another developers. We have really good skills, but no time and resources to develop our own tracking system.  

Is there a middlewear you're developing for PSVR/PC or are you targeting native SDK support across PC and PSVR? - no software development for today. I made a prototype, but Aida work on other projects. I think we will prefer to make this platform open to use. As a convenient base for movements. May be we will make something further,  if we get some resources.

I fall into the category of developers who believe that with VR, the SDK/API support itself is often the most important component of the product, even a physical one.  - may be :)  But I think it will be really hard to get around phisical restrictions. I mean you can not fly to space on "Tesla" even it will be with best software in the world. So, we was focused to remove known vr treadmills restrictions. And now we can grow with good base.

How are you tracking foot position and translating it to movement on PSVR?  - 

We will use standart CPU, not game consoles. I think Sony will not give us ability to make something with PSVR, I think so. This PSVR just for example. Because we have it :D ps. But we have played "Super Hot" on PSVR and yes, it working really cool, because you can not get tangled up in wires. Unfortunately you can't move using legs, because you don't have sensors and software for it.  In fact, I think about VR market evolution. And if we will start producing this treadmill, appear a lot of developers. Because we will give an ability to work on movement. Or we will make something, with resources.  

Archived