battery wont stay on

PetFeet

whenever I try to turn on my wireless adapter's battery it stays on for a few seconds and then turns off while it is plugged into the wireless adapter and, nothing happens with the adapter or the headset

• 1 year later...

@CHRAND!53 - If it's not staying on, it's either because it's loosing connection to the wireless adapter (i.e. faulty USB cable to the HMD-side adapter) or the battery is potentially damaged. If the latter - I would recommend trying to get it replaced under RMA if it's under the warranty period via www.vive.com/support -> contact us -> contact us. 

image.png.d9ef889fc36f3e0d83f0c2bd57b27618.png

On 3/16/2019 at 7:13 AM, PetFeet said:

whenever I try to turn on my wireless adapter's battery it stays on for a few seconds and then turns off while it is plugged into the wireless adapter and, nothing happens with the adapter or the headset

Mine only does this if I my wireless battery in not fully charged and/or the battery I'm using is not high enough rates (18W for Vive/Vive Pro, 21W for Cosmos.  Also, try a better quality thicker usb 3.0 cable to replace the fairly thin cable that came with the Wireless kit.  This is worth trying to resolve this yourself because thanks to the worldwide coronovirus problem RMA's may take some time to be resolved.