Getting bored with my Vive. Where's the quality control?

Arnold

So after a couple of months being amazed by the Vive, I find myself still playing the same games I bought in the first weeks the Vive came out. I'm getting bored and disappointed.

I frequently search for new content, only to be surprised by the lack of quality and unfinished products. Yes we are early adopters, I don't mind waiting for good stuff, but how long do we have to wait?

I keep wasting my time on browsing and trying worthless 'games'. Fortunately the refunding process on Steam works smoothly... My Vive and VR PC are collecting dust already. That is a waste of potential.

What would be a big help is a professional rating of the content that is being released on Steam. Also IF there are any decent releases coming up, the Vive community should be teased and informed about that, because now I really have no idea if I should keep the Vive or lose it and come back to VR in a year.

I agree a little with your statement about the games. 
But i find daily that the content coming out is fresh and exciting. My steam wishlist is now 92 items and increases daily
Serious Sam teased us before release
Arizona Sunshine has been teasing us for months only today did they release a 360 view of the game. Im getting excited over this game because of the hype it is generating. 
i would also suggest subscribing to uploadVR every week they do an independent review of that weeks releases,  The nice thing is they are honest  AliceVR only got a 4/10 it looks amazing and there was hype before the release but it just didn't deliver and the guys at Upload are not scared to say so. 
out of curiosity what are the games that your still playing a few months after your original purchase 

You're absolutely right, those two titles are very polished, and Serious Sam lives up to the expectations. It shows there's definately good stuff going on. UploadVR is already the source of information I rely on most. But they too are having a hard time keeping up with the amount of amateurism that's being released. 

I simply waste too much time on browsing through Steam, occasionaly buying something and requesting a refund within 3 minutes of playing is becoming the regular way of spending time with the Vive :-) only to fall back on the games I find interesting enough to keep playing:

- space pirate trainer

- raw data

- the lab

I really hope the early adopters get more rewarding content before the first generation of VR headsets becomes obsolete. 

I simply waste too much time on browsing through Steam, occasionaly buying something and requesting a refund within 3 minutes of playing is becoming the regular way of spending time with the Vive :-) only to fall back on the games I find interesting enough to keep playing:

- space pirate trainer

- raw data

- the lab

Its interesting you have put Raw Data and just goes to show how different people feel about games. 

I downloaded it the other weekend when it was Free trail and i hated it, I found the controls and whole set up so complicated  and its been the only game where i didn't feel like i was in Vr. 

I think its one of those game that splits people because others have agreed with me. 

Agree the Lab is great and many time have i had longbow competitions with friends to get the highest score im hoping the Valve adds some more areas to the Lab. 

I will check out Space pirate training at some point it is on my wish list but so are many more. 

Archived