SRWorks Unity not working

gladeare

Long story short, The plugin won't really work for me.

Problem description: In the Unity project, when playing the sample SRWorks scene for AR, I only see the curved screens "in front" of me, meaning I can even turn away from the screens.

Secondly, when building the project, it's even worse. I only get a black world with a white square.

I am running the SteamVR beta, the camera is enabled and working. The GPU drivers are up to date aswell. The prebuilt demo is working, but when I run my own built project, I receive an error.

The whole log is right here:

Mono path[0] = 'C:/Users/froethge/Documents/Project/ProtoGuardian (2)/ProtoGuardian_Data/Managed'Mono config path = 'C:/Users/froethge/Documents/Project/ProtoGuardian (2)/Mono/etc'PlayerConnection initialized from C:/Users/froethge/Documents/Project/ProtoGuardian (2)/ProtoGuardian_Data (debug = 0)PlayerConnection initialized network socket : 0.0.0.0 55474Multi-casting "[iP] 139.6.146.105 [Port] 55474 [Flags] 2 [Guid] 4111234272 [EditorId] 2854252110 [Version] 1048832 [id] WindowsPlayer(F02-CGL-EWO-105) [Debug] 0 [PackageName] WindowsPlayer" to [225.0.0.222:54997]...Started listening to [0.0.0.0:55474]PlayerConnection already initialized - listening to [0.0.0.0:55474]Initialize engine version: 2018.3.1f1 (bb579dc42f1d)GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1Direct3D:    Version:  Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (ID=0x1b81)    Vendor:       VRAM:     8088 MB    Driver:   25.21.14.1771Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly- Completed reload, in  0.111 seconds<RI> Initializing input.<RI> Input initialized.<RI> Initialized touch support.OpenVR initialized! (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/VR/OpenVR/OpenVR.cpp Line: 728)Created eye textures with a "separate" layout.  The "multi-pass" stereo mode will be used. (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/VR/VRDevice.cpp Line: 2264)[VRDevice] Successfully created device OpenVR.WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Standard' - Pass 'META' has no vertex shaderWARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Standard' - Pass 'META' has no vertex shaderUnloadTime: 0.682967 msSetting up 4 worker threads for Enlighten.  Thread -> id: 694 -> priority: 1   Thread -> id: 4094 -> priority: 1   Thread -> id: 45cc -> priority: 1   Thread -> id: 15cc -> priority: 1 [ViveSR] Initial Framework : 0UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, String, Object)UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)Vive.Plugin.SR.<StartFrameworkCoroutine>c__Iterator0:MoveNext() (at C:\Users\froethge\Documents\Project\ProtoGuardian (2)\Assets\ViveSR\Scripts\ViveSR.cs:79)UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr) (Filename: C:/Users/froethge/Documents/Project/ProtoGuardian (2)/Assets/ViveSR/Scripts/ViveSR.cs Line: 79)[ViveSR] [RigidReconstruction] Config File Not Found, Set Config From GameObjectUnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, String, Object)UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)Vive.Plugin.SR.ViveSR_RigidReconstructionRenderer:RightBeforeStartModule() (at C:\Users\froethge\Documents\Project\ProtoGuardian (2)\Assets\ViveSR\Scripts\ViveSR_RigidReconstructionRenderer.cs:108)Vive.Plugin.SR.<StartFrameworkCoroutine>c__Iterator0:MoveNext() (at C:\Users\froethge\Documents\Project\ProtoGuardian (2)\Assets\ViveSR\Scripts\ViveSR.cs:93)UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr) (Filename: C:/Users/froethge/Documents/Project/ProtoGuardian (2)/Assets/ViveSR/Scripts/ViveSR_RigidReconstructionRenderer.cs Line: 108)[ViveSR] Please put the model folder in the assigned path: C:/Users/froethge/Documents/Project/ProtoGuardian (2)/ProtoGuardian_Data/Plugins/modelUnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, String, Object)UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)Vive.Plugin.SR.ViveSR:ViveSR_StartFramework() (at C:\Users\froethge\Documents\Project\ProtoGuardian (2)\Assets\ViveSR\Scripts\ViveSR.cs:262)Vive.Plugin.SR.<StartFrameworkCoroutine>c__Iterator0:MoveNext() (at C:\Users\froethge\Documents\Project\ProtoGuardian (2)\Assets\ViveSR\Scripts\ViveSR.cs:98)UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr) (Filename: C:/Users/froethge/Documents/Project/ProtoGuardian (2)/Assets/ViveSR/Scripts/ViveSR.cs Line: 262)[ViveSR] AI_VISION StartModule Error 1UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, String, Object)UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)Vive.Plugin.SR.ViveSR:ViveSR_StartFramework() (at C:\Users\froethge\Documents\Project\ProtoGuardian (2)\Assets\ViveSR\Scripts\ViveSR.cs:263)Vive.Plugin.SR.<StartFrameworkCoroutine>c__Iterator0:MoveNext() (at C:\Users\froethge\Documents\Project\ProtoGuardian (2)\Assets\ViveSR\Scripts\ViveSR.cs:98)UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr) (Filename: C:/Users/froethge/Documents/Project/ProtoGuardian (2)/Assets/ViveSR/Scripts/ViveSR.cs Line: 263)[ViveSR] Start Framework : 1UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, String, Object)UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)Vive.Plugin.SR.<StartFrameworkCoroutine>c__Iterator0:MoveNext() (at C:\Users\froethge\Documents\Project\ProtoGuardian (2)\Assets\ViveSR\Scripts\ViveSR.cs:108)UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr) (Filename: C:/Users/froethge/Documents/Project/ProtoGuardian (2)/Assets/ViveSR/Scripts/ViveSR.cs Line: 108)[ViveSR] Stop FrameworkUnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, String, Object)UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)Vive.Plugin.SR.ViveSR:StopFramework() (at C:\Users\froethge\Documents\Project\ProtoGuardian (2)\Assets\ViveSR\Scripts\ViveSR.cs:165)Vive.Plugin.SR.<StartFrameworkCoroutine>c__Iterator0:MoveNext() (at C:\Users\froethge\Documents\Project\ProtoGuardian (2)\Assets\ViveSR\Scripts\ViveSR.cs:110)UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr) (Filename: C:/Users/froethge/Documents/Project/ProtoGuardian (2)/Assets/ViveSR/Scripts/ViveSR.cs Line: 165)

When playing the scene in Unity without building, I receive no error.

Trying to copy the [ViveSR] prefab into a new scene yields the same result.

I hope somebody here can help me, even though most others were able to fix their problem by just enabling the camera :/

Try switching to different usb 3.1 ports - are you able to toggle camera settings while in the hmd (dashboard settings)?  The only issue recently was the camera not found issue which was just addressed with the latest SteamVR beta 1.2.8 (introduced with recent release version)  - which version of Unity are you using? There's a build issue on 2018.3 try 2018.2.

Thanks, completely recreating the project in 2018.2.16f1 worked.

We thought we tried everything, including switching ports, updating everything, using old unity versions, but when just importing the project in the old version, we just got compiler errors. We didn't think of starting a new project in the old version from scratch, but that helped :)

Archived