Several issues and no response from the support

ClassicGamer.NL

Hi, I think I have some mechanical defects on my Vive. I've sent several e-mails to HTC support and called them, but the only answer I received was that it was not a wise thing to wear my phone to close to my body!

Last week I've sent a message on Facebook and they advised to post the problem on this forum.

The tracking boxes are slowly making more noise (sometimes like something it rattling from inside).  

The TAPE that keeps the headband together is slowly letting lose and I'm afraid the headset will fall of my head someday. It's completely worn even though I didn't use the Vive that much.

With warm days, it looks like moister is getting underneath the lenses corners.

Sometimes the virtual world is not perfectly horizontal, so you get a strange feeling.

Controllers fly away when playing, this happens more and more.

The latest problem is that the headset doesn´t start at all or constantly shuts off and on again. While playing it completely shut down including the tracking boxes and if I wait long enough it will turn on again.

I´ve checked all the cables, connected the tracking boxes with the cable, did a clean Windows 10 installation but it doesn´t seem to solve it. At first I was thinking the problems were caused by Viveport, but it doesn’t seem to be related and looks more like a hardware issue. If HTC doesn’t response to any of my e-mails how will can I solve this?

I didn´t want to share this message in public, so if someone from HTC VIVE can contact me and delete this message I´m happy with that as well. 

This sounds like an issue with your lighthouse. 
You'll need to get in touch with support, and eventually send it in for repair. If it's covered under warrantee, or is a defective product, they should be able to get you a replacement for free. (You'll need to cover the shipping) Here's the thing though.... They inspect the Lighthouse for damage, and will determine the cause of failure based on that. If you're sure it wasn't dropped, send it in, otherwise----I'd recommend paying the $140 for a replacement here.

I had to do this once, and they were very helpful once I got them the appropriate information. My unit had similar symptoms, where the play area was no longer horizontal, and the headset would often go "gray" if I walked away from the working Lighthouse. Controllers were the same in my case. 

Reddit was an invaluable resource for me at the time. Here is the Master Thread for all things lighthouse related. 

"If HTC doesn’t response to any of my e-mails how will can I solve this?" ---- You'll need to call support. Be persistent. Gather relevant information (the Reddit thread will teach you how). Once they have the information (including photos of the broken lighthouse, and the error log) they are happy to assist you! 

Sorry it's been difficult so far, and I hope it turns a corner for you soon! 
Cheers,
- Andy

Aside from possible HW issues what you describe here:

"Sometimes the virtual world is not perfectly horizontal, so you get a strange feeling.

Controllers fly away when playing, this happens more and more. 

The latest problem is that the headset doesn´t start at all or constantly shuts off and on again. While playing it completely shut down including the tracking boxes and if I wait long enough it will turn on again."

Sounds like it's tracking issues due to your room setup and/or environment, do you have reflective surfaces like mirrors? Are you sure the base stations are in line of sight and clean?  Did you try setting them up with the sync cable? Please see our faqs in this forum for more troubleshooting info.

Archived