Base Station 2.0 Loud Buzzing Noise

Bobo > Granny

Hi guys,

Today I bought a HTC Vive Pro kit and everything was working fine until I plugged in the power cable of one of my Base Stations 2.0. Once I plugged the power cable into one It hardly made a sound but then once I connected the power cable into the other one It has started to make a very loud constant buzzing noise (just like seen in this video)

Can you guys please advise me on what I need to do? Should I return It and get It replaced? If so how do I even go about that?

Thank you

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the same horrible noise on just one of my two brand new BaseStations 2.0ç

This happened just from the very first time I plugged it in.

So I guess Valve is doing a bad job (or none) testing their devices before they leave the production line.

now I must spend money to send the noisy device to their "Repair services".... to repair what? I didn´t broke it...

@mocaper - Alot can happen from when a device leaves a production facility to when it's delivered to you - the devices often shipped thousands of miles, usually by ground transport.

If you purchased the units through Vive via the Vive Pro Full Kit - the repair/swap is covered under our warranty. You'd collect the devices serial numbers from the back of the units and navigate to www.vive.com/support -> contact us -> contact us to request a repair RMA from a live chat agent. If you purchased the units directly from Valve, you'd need to go through Valve's warranty process.

Contact_Us_1.jpg.b53a8f7675d7fe4aab2209f29b301c56.jpg

Contact_Us_3.jpg.77635d709791e3d557366626e9284e52.jpg

• 2 weeks later...