[URGENT] VIVE Wireless not working on AMD Ryzen chips. Fix imminent?

ColtonAdam

They gave you a perfectly acceptable answer, they are working with the manufacturers to resolve the issue, in the mean time you can ither wait for the fix or return the unit. just because you want an ETA doesn't mean one is going to be provided. Im sure the next step is you getting blocked from posting if you keep having a hissy fit.

Thank you for your feedback and thoughts.  I'm not sure what kind of response you are expecting that hasn't already been addressed.  Our teams are still looking to identify root cause to design an appropriate fix.  As has been stated previously we do not have any additional info on this matter at this time, you have the option to return your item.  When updates are available they will be posted in the appropriate channels.

Thank you again.

JohnG

wrote:

Thank you for your feedback and thoughts.  I'm not sure what kind of response you are expecting that hasn't already been addressed.  Our teams are still looking to identify root cause to design an appropriate fix.  As has been stated previously we do not have any additional info on this matter at this time, you have the option to return your item.  When updates are available they will be posted in the appropriate channels.

Thank you again.

JohnG

For those of us who are riding this out as long as possible and really want the adapter to work, how long can we wait on you guys before we lose the ability to return it if a fix doesn't appear?

I'm not eager to return it if there really is a fix coming, but if it gets to the point that it's never going to happen, I'd like to know.

No time frames for refunds have been defined at this point but my recommendation is that you proceed with the return process if it is indeed not working for you.  You can always re-purchase at a later date once more information is made available around root cause or fix.  I cannot guarantee that there won't be a cutoff date for refunds. 

Thanks,

• 3 months later...

I hate to bump an old thread, but this is simply unexcusable. It is now April, over half a year since the Vive Wireless Adapter has launched, and there hasn't even been an UPDATE on any of this. To me, it seems like you guys don't care.

For what it is worth, I am posting what I read at the product page.

Disclaimer:
Recently, compatibility issues have arisen when using AMD AM4/TR4 socket base motherboards with the VIVE Wireless Adapter. We are working closely with our partners to resolve this issue as soon as possible. If you have an AMD AM4/TR4 socket base motherboard, we recommend waiting on VIVE Wireless Adapter purchase until the compatibility issue is solved. Please keep an eye on the VIVE website product page for further updates.

I dont have an issue with this since I have not purchased the Wireless Adapter but I do have a AMD Ryzen 7 Processor and a ROG Strix 3370-F Gaiming Mother board, It is a AMD Socket AM4. So what I have read and correct me if I am wrong. It will not work with my motherboard. If this is the case, This is good to know. Perhaps someday in the future. I love my Vive and can live without the Wireless. If this issue is resolved someday, I might be intrested in purchasing one but I will not let it mess up my day. Anyway, Happy Gaming my VR Friends

Archived