Viveport Crashes On Launch Now

Samizdat

After purchasing a dozen games yesterday night during the sale I tried launching viveport to play them and now it doesn't launch, just crashes.

* Tried turning of virus protection and the usual fixes. 

* Uninstalled and re-installed 

* Vive tab no longer shows up in steamvr overlay. 

* Immediately after opening it gives a crash report and asks that I submit it. 

After purchasing a dozen games yesterday night during the sale I tried launching viveport to play them and now it doesn't launch, just crashes.

* Tried turning of virus protection and the usual fixes. 

* Uninstalled and re-installed 

* Vive tab no longer shows up in steamvr overlay. 

* Immediately after opening it gives a crash report and asks that I submit it. 

Here is a pastebin of the error log from the directory it states is causing the error. 

Have tried everything. Can't access any of my subscription games or the ones I bought on sale. 

The debug reporter doesn't open a ticket for you, it feeds info about the crash to a reporting tool so some dude can go "ohh 100 000 new crashes for that error" on mondays. The email is for if you have a particularly interesting error that they need more information to figure out. 

Also crashing for me.

, The "report feature" tool within Viveport can actually generate a support ticket - the endpoint of the report is context based but it typically uploads logs to a sever and creates an instance in the ticketing system in parallel. 

- I've replied to your PM and have instructed the team that handles these reports to inform them that you haven't been able to get our replies. 

You can't use the "report tool" within Viveport when it crashes upon startup. 

Or are you telling me this bugsplat reporter generates tickets? Because then I probably have 150 tickets you guys should have answered a week ago.

Archived