Update on Vive Wireless Adpater

SuperNikoPower

Bought the wireless adapter for Christmas for my wife.  We have a MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon Motherboard and ryzen processor.  I've tried every pcie slot and unplugged everything non-essential to avoid IRQ conflicts.  The longest it's played without a crash is 1 hour.  I'm just posting to remind HTC that this is still a big issue and we're all waiting for an update.  Hundreds of dollars spent on a product that might as well have been DOA.  Please just make this work.

Is it an option to just hold on to what we've purchased until a hardware fix happens, then exchange only the necessary components, or does the return policy have a due date? Asking in case the fix ends up being just a different wireless card.

I just bought Whole Vive pro package and Wireless adaptor against all odds.... :P
Got two BSOD:s wth watchdog error and then I stumbled on this comment :D
I have the worst combo to install Wireless adaptor
Crosshair IV and Ryzen x1800 :P
also running with two 1080:s so I only have one slot to put a card in :P

So to end this well YOU SAVED MY DAY!!!
All running flawless now :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is going to be helpful to anyone but I got my environment working continuously for more than 18h on a single day flawlessly using the wireless adapter.

Here is my PC setup:

• CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor
  • Motherboard: Asus - STRIX B350-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard
  • Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
  • GPU: MSI - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8 GB Video Card
  • Memory: Ballistix Sport LT BLS2K16G4D30BESB 32GB (16GB x2) Speicher Kit (DDR4, 3000 MT/s, PC4-24000, DR x8, DIMM, 288-Pin)
  • PSU: Thermaltake - Smart 700 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply
  • Network: TP-Link - Archer T2UH USB 2.0 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter
  • Virtual Reality bundle: HTC Vive + HTC Vive Deluxe Audio Strap + HTC Vive Wireless Adapter

Here is the link for the full setup:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6Jcd7W

I'm playing for more than 2 weeks and still had no issues.

If you are wondering how I got continuous 18h+ of playtime, I bought an Anker power core with support for Quick Charge 3.0 and it worked just fine.

I keep switching the power banks when they run out of battery and put the other to charge. I can also use both ports of Anker power bank simultaneously without intefering in the wireless adapter. I use that to recharge one controller per time when I'm using it to keep them always charged.
And the Anker power bank fits firmly and securely on the belt case that comes with the original HTC power bank.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N0X3NL5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same. It never worked on my machine in six months.

Ordered a new X470 Prime Pro motherboard so I can give my brother my old X370 Prime Pro for his birthday. 

Hoping that might fix it and if it doesn't then I'm going to try the USB3.0 trick I read about recently, or maybe, because the new motherboard has two m.2 slots available instead of just one like the x370, I'll have an extra m.2 available and can try that workaround for once.