Mobile Browser Issues for My Page

Pupsicle

Hey Rockjaw. I'm not sure if this is the way to actually contact you, but I have gotten reports from *dozens* of people trying to "like" my contest entry and are completely unable to. They're always using mobile browsers (different phones iphone/android) and they can *not* for the life of them like my post. The formatting for the whole page gets jumbled and the "like" button disappears into the messed up formatting.

The frustrating part is that it is *only* my page. They're able to go onto other pages/other entries and "like" those entries. The formatting doesn't get messed up at all. 

I know this isn't a super pressing issue, but I really feel invested in Vive and the Vive competition, and have honestly lost dozens of votes at the point because my friends were so frustrated for trying so many times that they gave up T_T 

Please helps?

https://community.viveport.com/t5/Design-a-Vive-accessory-and-win/Original-Gwinnstock-TM-Gun-Stock/cns-p/2290

Hey . I just looked at your page on my phone - iPhone 6 via Safari - and I see no issues. If you could get some screenshots, I'd appreciate it. Here's my own.

If you can get some screens, along with phone OS/models/browsers, that'll help us troubleshoot. 

Thanks in advance!

Here is an example. a lot of my friends have had issues with the formatting covering the "like" button. One of my friends even tried a couple phones and couldnt get it to work :( he tried chrome, dolphin browser, and safari.

I'm sure they love me and all, but you can only harass friends so many times to vote before they murder you haha.

like i said, its sometimes android/sometimes iphone, and sometimes it works just fine. 

I'm just wondering,

would it at all be unethical or unallowed for me to register their emails for them? And then they can still verify their registration/vive port account on their end and I can "like" my entry through proxy. I know that sounds suspect so I don't want to do it if you think it will be fraudulent. But at this point I'm not sure how to make up the defecit I lost.

We'd have a problem with that, yes. Don't do it. ;)

Right now my best solution is to suggest your friends use a desktop browser to vote. Also, can you get me a screenshot showing the 'Like' button? Or is this what you see when going directly to the page? (That's what my screen shows.) I want to get a like-for-like comparison.

They can't even see a like button. This is all they see when they open my page. That's the problem :(

I had two more questions since you're here:

1) Does the contest end 10/30? Someone told me this but i thought it ended the first week of November.

2) I tried reading the rules about entering as a team. In my post I referenced I worked with two other people. The rules say if a team wins, the prize gets split between team members. Does this mean everyone on my team wins a vive?

ok, I've spammed all my friends again, hoping to get likes w/ a desktop browser. Hopefully they'll come through.

I did a couple test likes to see what was wrong with my page, hopefully you'll forgive me as I was trying to troubleshoot. Obviously dont want to get DQ'd so I am going to remove them. (thanks in advance, just wanted to throw that out there in case you're like "SHAMEEE!!!" and boot my entry... please dont T_T)

Let me know about these questions when you get a chance. Thank you for your time.

wrote:

I had two more questions since you're here:

1) Does the contest end 10/30? Someone told me this but i thought it ended the first week of November.

2) I tried reading the rules about entering as a team. In my post I referenced I worked with two other people. The rules say if a team wins, the prize gets split between team members. Does this mean everyone on my team wins a vive?

Archived