Choppy Preformance with Wirless Adapter

DLSauron

Like i sayed shady bussines.. As you fully aware of not only people with ryzen systems have issues.. I myself had issues i had to buy a whole new system to get it to work even though i far exceeded the minimum specs with the old one.. 

You see many people even on this thread with issues not regarding Ryzen.. You messed up. So at least take responsibitlity for it.. 

But glad that you showed how little you care about your customer.. as soon as there is better solution i will say goodbye to you ..

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My specs:

i7 6950x OC 4.4Ghz 10 core

32GB DDR4 3200Mhz 14-14-14-30

2x 1080Ti Aorus Waterblock Extreme OC 2050+ Core 12528Mhz GDDR5

Rampage V Extreme X99 Motherboard

Intel 750 1.2TB PCIE NVME SSD (OS)

4TBx4 RAID 0 SSHD (GAMES)

This PC is a beast. I've never had it run at very high CPU use until now. I strongly recommend modern 8 core or better to use the wireless system. Screenshot of Task Manager while I was in Fallout 4 VR with Vive Pro wireless:

I have been running with hyperthreading disabled. Will try enabling to see if that alleviates CPU usage at all.

I have just started using my (standard) Vive headset + wirelesss adapter again after about a month and I am seeing the same issues reported in this thread, i.e. random blanks, constant stuttering (to a point where I get a little nausea, which I have never got before), maxed CPU, etc. I had the same issues when I first got the wireless adapter but thought I'd let things settle down and it would eventually be resolved, which it clearly hasn't.

For me, idle CPU is 0-10%, opening Vive Wireless + SteamVR CPU push it to 40-50% and most VR games push it to 95-100%. 

PC Spec

Windows 10 (latest patches)

GTX1080 (latest driver) in the PCIE x16 slot (v3)

Intel Wireless adapter in the PCIE x4 slot, 2 slots down from Graphics card (v3)*

Intel i5 7600K

Maximus IX Hero (on latest BIOS)

32GB RAM (in correct slots)

Two Monitors (I know having two monitors has caused some SteamVR issues in the past)

*According to device manager it is operating at "2.0", how do I/we push that to 3.0 as I can't see anything obvious in the BIOS for that?

The other question, which I've never really got to the bottom of is what are the ideal settings, e.g. async reprojection on or off, smoothing on or off, up to now I had assumed async reprojection and smoothing on?

From reading the thread I can see HTC are contributing but it is quite sporadic. I would like to see HTC step up a bit more, work with their partners and be much more proactive with progress updates to the community as this has been dragging on for a number of months now. 

My Wireless Adapter worked!

After buying a wireless adapter on my old system, I also had problems.

Here is my old PC configuration:

Intel I7-920

Gigabyte EX58-UD3R

RAM 12Gb

MSI 1080Ti

HTC Vive

Windows10 64bit

When connecting the HTC VIVE with a wire everything was fine, despite the rather very old processor. The wireless adapter worked disgustingly, like everyone here.

Here is the new computer configuration:

CPU i7-7820X

ASUS ROG STRIX X299-XE GAMING

RAM 32Gb Quad Channel

MSI 1080Ti

HTC Vive

Windows10 64bit

The wireless adapter works great! There are no problems. None settings SteamVR not changed. Supersampling set to 200%. Skyrim and Fallout4 work perfectly at maximum settings!

Pay attention to the characteristics of your system, as Max # of PCI Express Lanes.

My new processor has 28 lines. I think the problem is this. If the processor and chipset support only 16 lines, then all of them are occupied by the video card, and there are no lines left on the wireless adapter.

This is only a guess. Check the characteristics of your CPU and Chipset, Max # of PCI Express Lanes

Your guess is not entirely correct. It is necessary to count the number of lanes of the processor and chipset.

So for example: z390 & i9 9900k will have 24 + 16 lanes.

As a result, I have 40 PCIe lanes and a choppy Vive Wireless Adapter.

BTW Can you show me what your PCIe adapter connection speed is?