Choppy Preformance with Wirless Adapter

DLSauron

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tested the update in situations that commonly cause trouble for my wireless adapter.

No change in performance. The image still pixelates heavily and framerate drops from 90 to 25 in complex scenes, with audio becoming choppy and the pass through camera crashing.

Time will tell if the update improves general stability of the connection and reduces momentary/permanent drops to gray screen.

I am not. CPU usage sits pretty low, as I am playing VRChat, which doesn't use a lot of threads. (i7 8700k at 5.0GHz, GTX 1080)

The pixelation/audio stuttering only occurs when I stare at very complex scenes, with lots of repeating lines or detailed textures. You can see my detailed write up here: https://community.viveport.com/t5/Technical-Support/VIVE-Wireless-Adapter-and-Supersampling/m-p/23776#M9109
But this issues still occurs in some situations with super-sampling at 1.0, for example staring at complex grass textures, or a wireframe render of a scene with character avatars.

Installed the update.....while it seems it might have improved things a bit...sadly it is still not right for me. I can play on my Vive Pro wired for hours, but still with wireless, things feel weird quickly. And I still notice judder, maybe not as much, but it’s still quite visible. I was led to believe the only downside with wireless would be occasional reduced resolution. There is a lot more than that going on. And they should have some way to submit debug info to them. 

z370 MSI Mobo, i7 8700, 1080Ti, 16Gb ram. Fresh Win 10 Install

Build a whole new system for wirless to run.. now on i8700 and asus maximus x motherboard.. first it seemd to work but i can now see pixelation again.. it is not as bad at it was before but still there...

Vox machina is unplayable still 100% CPU ... other tested games are fine at the moment but not as good as without.. What are you doing HTC.. My System is now some of the best you can have!!!!

An update to my previous post where I said the firmware update did not improve pixelation when staring at high-detail scenes...

The firmware update also seems to have had no effect on random temporary/permanent drops to gray screen. I still drop to gray screen randomly when diving into/out of menus, despite not losing line of sight to the antenna, and sometimes these drops are pemanent until I unplug and re-plug the wireless adapter from the battery.

Can you list the specs for both systems so we can compare? I think at this point, it's not necessarily related to relative performance as it seems that some high-end rigs are being affected more than middle-of-the-road PCs. It may be related more to specific hardware units.

Thank you,

-John C