Vive Wireless Battery compatibility

MissStabby

At this moment i still have a few battery banks that i use to run my vive trackers and controllers of for "wireless" re-charging. These come with2.4A  charging ability, similarly i still have a Anker Powercore+ of 26800 that i use for my tablet that comes with QuickCharge 3.0

Are there any requirements for battery banks to support the vive wireless adapter, when it comes to charging protocols and charging Amp ratings?

• 1 month later...

Has to be QC 3.0. I got a bat on amazon thats 30,000MAh. Works good and lasts maybe 4-5 hrs. Stock battery only lasts me 1.75 hrs. Battery from my brothers system lasts the same, so probably not defective. We play online for hours. Stock bat always dies at the worst posible time!

• Like 1

As the other guy said, it must be Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 compatible. I am currently using an Anker PowerCore Speed 20,000 with QC 3.0 and getting 6~ hours of battery life from it (Playing VRChat)

My USB current meter shows the Wireless Adapter drawing 0.8-0.9 amps at 12-12.2 volts. Using Night Mode in SteamVR appears to not affect power draw at all.

Hey everyone,

Remember, when it comes to battery packs, our warranty only covers the HTC official battery. If for some reason your 3rd party battery damages your wireless adapter or HMD, it won't be covered for repair or replacement. 

If you are in need of a second battery, you can purchase one here in our store

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

"If you are in need of a second battery, you can purchase one here in our store. "  But you are charging $79 for that battery pack!  Why are you charging $30 - $40 more than it costs consumsers?  I would rather risk it and buy two batteries from Anker rather than buying only one less performing power pack from HTC.  This is the kind of thing that turns people away from a company and can HTC afford to turn people away from your products like Apple is doing?

• 1 month later...

They're not even available to buy in the UK store and Vive stuff is usually out of stock everywhere anyway.  I'm trying to be a consumer of Vive products but they really don't make it easy - I had to wait 8 months for the wireless kit to come into stock :(

• 1 year later...

Yeah, thanks HTC. In South Africa the wireless kit comes without battery, AND THE BATTERIES ARE NOT AVAILABLE AT ANY OF THE WIRELESS KIT SUPPLIERS!!! REALLY?

"We won't supply you with a battery, oh, and by the way, please also don't use a third-party battery"

@errolt I'm not sure of what the situation in SA is before. I've never heard of this situation - it's sold as a kit and I'm not aware of any situation where we did not provide the battery but I'm used based and things can get very country specific.  Sometimes we can't ship batteries across borders and other weird situations so it may be related to that. Electronics in South Africa is especially complex due to their import laws. Did you check with care to ensure this was the case and that you didn't just get a kit without the battery for some factory reason?

You can use most QC3.0 enabled battery banks. It needs to specifically be Qualcomm 3.0 enabled otherwise it won't work. Anker and Ravpower make compatible batteries and are some of the most trustworthy brands. Avoid no-name batteries as they may damage your headset and adapter. Aim for 10000mAH. Larger ones will net you more playtime but be bulkier.

If you're using Vive/Vive Pro - it needs to be able to output 18w which most QC3.0 batteries can handle. If you're using Cosmos - it needs to output a higher 21w otherwise it won't work.