Headset further damaged by repair!

Zephroth

I'm surprised they didn't say something like "warranty voided, oxide marks found".. That's happened to people in the past where if you send in your HMD and they find signs of sweat they simply void the warranty and make you pay big $$$ to have it repair or pay to get it back unrepaired.. *sigh*

Glad to hear it sounds like your issue is being resolved though, do update me on this. I'm curious to see the end result.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As an update on this.  I still have not received a shipping label to send in my headset.  Here we are 5 days after the initial kickoff of the issue and still no shipping label...

Edit: I now have the label tho escalations thought it was a phone...  I corrected them that it was a VR HMD hopefully this doesnt get messed up...  my confidence level isnt high...

I saw your thread on Reddit about this.

You should get a totally new headset, because if yours was botched so badly, who knows what else is wrong with it now. I get how frustrating it is to have sent your Vive in, wrapped to protect it, and then get it back ravaged by a really exceptionally bad repair (including scratches to the lenses!, stripped screws, cracked HDMI port - and who knows if anything else was damaged). When you said it was the same serial number, I was shocked. 

HTC's repair center simply did you wrong. I hope you get this resolved 100%. 

• 4 weeks later...

Headset comes back today.  How long has it been? almost exactly a month...  So ive had a headset out of commission for a month and a half.  And that was even with the ticket being escalated. 

So they supposedly were going to send accessories to appease me.  Turns out they are on backorder. So even the part that was supposed to be a bonus "Hey we messed up. So here lets make it right" is just a gigantic pain.  I mean realy.  if you dont have it don't promise it.  especialy if its an appeasement to a customer who is already upset. Your giving them yet another thing to have to deal with on top of their already disatisfied experience.  Now I feel obligated to keep on top of it lest HTC forget about it and just drop it entirely.

I'll update tonight once I have my HMD in hand and see if its working. 

I have to say tho.  HTC's front end, the chat support, is suppurb.  How can you have such dedicated employees and the whole back end just be such a nightmare and quite frankly a disgrace to those employees.

So.  I'm beyond furious and angry right now.  Came back.  They put little stickers over the screws to make sure i couldnt see if they had been chowdered or not this time.  then on top of it the case is STILL damaged and the lenses are scratched.  I'm chatting with them now.  I'll get pictures uploaded shortly.

So looks like they fixed the PID but didnt touch the lenses or the cracked case, and potentialy cross threaded screw holes that they damaged when they repaired it the first time.  No accountability...

The exodus continues.  3-4 business days to get an escalation response on this.  FFS. Realy?

So their resolution, if you call it that, is to continue to send the headset in over and over again till it comes back repaired....

For real?  you guys have put me through so much garbage.  I just cant handle it anymore...   I'm goign to start touting from the rafters whats going on.  All social media platforms I can get my grubby hands on.  You guys arn't doing what's necessary to fix this.

Wow, you've become the unwilling poster boy of bad service.

So sorry you are dealing with this level of bad service. Frankly, this is on the edge of consumer protection services stepping in. Really, you had a faulty product, sent it in, and it was returned damaged. That alone should warrant a special case response. After all this back and forth, if I was in charge, I'd see if you would be interested in a brand new Vive Pro as a gesture.

Rest assured, there are customers, current and future, reading about your experiences on social media and places like Reddit.

Its as stated.  I've got a label for another RMA.  I mean, whate else is there to say.  I have started up a case with Rhiannon on twitter as well.  Might get with her she has all the info so far including pictures and chat transcripts.  I will shoot you the current case number and such.