Odd Controller Death

katie_tripixels

As I originally posted here;

http://steamcommunity.com/app/358720/discussions/0/343788552533495980/

We've had this Pre kit for a while, but one day a controller got stuck. It was like it had crashed, stuck not responding to buttons (inc. all the magical combinations of trigger, menu, grip, touch etc), PC didn't see it being plugged in, stuck on a white light.

It eventually ran out of battery, so I put it on charge, no light.

We left it for a while, and I'm just trying to recover it now. Using the method below I have it to a semi-life support state;
Hold down the trigger, menu button, track pad button, and grip buttons on the controller (everything except the system button).
While holding the buttons, plug your controller into your computer with a microUSB cord.
Wait for five seconds and release the buttons. IGNORE the new storage device that appears and unplug the micro USB cord to reset.
Then start SteamVR and see if the controller is detected correctly and if it says there is a firmware update.

The controller now only works when powered via USB. It makes this odd very high pitched beep when trying to switch it on without USB power, and no LED flash or hold is seen.

When when connected via USB, the tracking is beyond terrible, unusable.

It's always been looked after, and hasn't really had any hard hits - it's like the firmware crashed and now the battery has failed somehow. We were in the middle of a game demo, so were not updating the firmware - but it currently reports it's on the latest firmware.

Any ideas?

, you're probably not going to like my initial suggestion but, have you tried talking to Customer Care? Might just be a case of getting the controller replaced entirely.

If you haven't, you can talk to them via the link in my sig.

(Also, I added the 'Developer' role for you, as you're developing. Hope to see you in the Developer Forums.)

Archived