6DOF Controller in Unity

huntjn

Hello,

So I've read that the Focus is now supposed to support 6DOF controller tracking - it's mentioned a bunch in the documentation but there isn't much info on how to actually implement this in Unity. I've tried putting in the "Generic_6Dof_Controller_MultipleComponentR" in the scene with "Track Position" and "Track Rotation" both checked - but in the test build it only does 3DOF controller tracking. I have the latest SDK and latest firmware update which is supposed to support 6DOF controller tracking. What am I missing here?

Hi ,

To clarify your question, the online document of Wave SDK are capable to support 6Dof controller (as previous product LINK, launched in Japan market only), and also plan to have 6Dofs in coming future. That's why you read bunch of information.

However all these will be workable when you have real 6Dof controllers on hand, and these also require VRDevice service to pass rotation, position to content (refer to document inside Wave PluginSDK part).

Please stay tuned for our feature updated.

Thanks.

Thanks for the answer ,
So just to clarify - the Vive Focus controllers do not currently support 6DoF, but they will in a future update? Is there a timeframe on when this will be available to devs? I'd like to be able to achieve 1:1 6DoF controller tracking without having to use any third-party hardware

Just in case it wasn't clear:

"all these will be workable when you have real 6Dof controllers on hand, and these also require VRDevice service to pass rotation, position to content (refer to document inside Wave PluginSDK part)."

By "real" it means new (first party) controllers and not the current 3dof controllers.

Archived