How much RAM can we work with?

Richie

I'm porting a PC game to the Vive Focus. Ofcourse a lot has to be optimized. Right now without any changes the game uses around 1 GB of RAM. But the system uses 2GB and other running (necessary?) apps use 1 GB as well. So I hit 4 GB easily. Is 1 GB really all we can work with or am I doing something wrong (missing some options?).

It became even worse. It now shows I have negative 300 MB free memory in the running services window. Even after I force-stop the game. I tried a factory reset but the memory window still shows around negative 300 MB free memory.

A quick screencap through the Vysor app, can't really see the details as I'm mirroring on low res, but as you can see the memory is half full with system services and half full with apps. And shows negative values for free memory. It's the 2D App launcher (600MB) and the Viveport M (1.1GB) that take up the most app space. No game is running in the background. I'm on the latest firmware.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I received some comments and experience data for sharing from our internal studio.

Around app use 1.7G, the log will start showing  "low memory", and encounter killing at 2.xGB

Therefore we think you can use 2GB as maximum target as reference.

But please be noted it's not exactly guarantee numbers, just an experience sharing.

Thanks.

Archived