Red Blinking LED on Vive Pro Base Station 2.0

Bighouse

If it's brand new and you're getting a DOA component out of the box, contact the retailer and have it exchanged for a working unit. That's probably the best way to go about it. If you're outside the return period, send me a PM with details about your purchase and the device serial number.

Thank you,

-John C

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's brand new, the best and quickest option is to return it to the point of sale for a replacement. So long as you're within your return window, it'll be the best choice. If you bought from Vive.com in the past 14 days, PM me with your order number. If it's been more than 14 days, please PM me with the serial number on the device.

If you purchased from a third party, please contact them for a return. If it's been too long for a return, please let me know after you've talked to them.

Thank you,

-John C

wrote:

The only way to fix it is to set up a in-warranty repair (assuming you are within warranty) with our support at

I recommend the Live Chat for fastest results.

, Syntehsis wrote out the correct response above. If there is a mechanical issue with the station it will need to be physically serviced. Given it's a 2.0 station - it's under the warranty period. Although Valve manufacturers the station, the repair booking is handled through us as the seller. 

I have the same problem as from this morning - one lighthouse blinking red and no error message. I have the pro and 2.0 lighthouse, looking at this thread it seems as though this is now a common problem and you are asking all customers to return their devices? I have owned my vive for lass than 2 months. If the hardware is unstable it should be recalled and taken off market until a relaible fix is in place.

Please contact me with next steps.

Andrew

The steps are identical to what's posted numerous times above. While Valve manufacturers 2.0 basestations, we process the return the basestation and have it repaired via an RMA process which will be covered under the warranty. Valve is technology owner for 2.0 stations as both the sole manufacturer and patent holder - we're a reseller in this situation.

Record the serial number off the back of the unit, and reach out to our live chat to start the repair process. 

@Synthesis wrote:
The only way to fix it is to set up a in-warranty repair (assuming you are within warranty) with our support at www.vive.com/us/support/contactus

I recommend the Live Chat for fastest results.

The only solution for basestation issues is repair as they're mechanical devices - I would suggest contacting a live care agent as described above - that's the fastest way to get an RMA number booked and start the repair process. 

For NZ the link is https://www.vive.com/nz/support/contactus/  - you'll need the serial number off the back of the Unit