Changing download disk issues

Stig

Hello, my first Vive download (TheBlu) ended up on my C drive as the default disk was set to that. For the next downloads via Viveport on the desktop Vive app, I changed the download directory in Settings to a bigger disk.

So TheBlu is on C while the other contents are on D. I still see all the games in the Content tab of my Vive Library and I can launch them, but I worry that this may result in errors or crashes.

Last time I launched TheBlu, the game was playable but there was a message about game crash on the desktop.

I guess it is not possible to cut/paste my TheBlu directory to the new Download location on my larger disk ?

thanks for your info

Thanks for this advice Kerminater :-) I'm considering doing that, except that I had quite a lot of trouble downloading TheBlu. It lasted something like 170 minutes with many "Internal server errors" necessitating that I keep an eye on the process in order to click on the yellow Resume button... Well, as long as it launches, I may keep it in its original folder/disk.

Hey  - so between  and  we've about covered all I'm going to tell you, but here goes anyway!

First of all I would take 's advice and delete, then re-download theBlu. You can certainly try to move the app folder but I honestly doubt it'll work too well. I sympathize with your download errors, which is something we're looking at right now, but it's really the best method to get things aligned in your situation, I would say.

As for crash messages on TheBlu specifically, yeah, I've seen this (occasionally) myself. I doubt it's related to your install location in this case. I'm not sure if there's some sort of crash log error reporting you can send along to Wevr, but if there is, I'd encourage you to use it so they get the info.

Thanks!

Archived