ERROR 202 compositor not full screen- Windows 10 Steam VR

andrewtric

Hi, you need to press the underlined marked text: "Make compositor fullscreen" a few times directly after the message appears.

If this does not resolve your issue try to restart the entire hmd and / or go in steamvr settings and hit the button "direct mode" ( again ).

For me I need to press the "make compositor fullscreen" marked text everytime after starting steamvr beta...It seems like it is a gimmick from valve :D

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Did the below suggestions fix your issue? 

I've had the same error and neither clicking the underlined/marked text "Make Compositor Fullscreen" nor going into SteamVR --> Settings --> Developer and clicking "Enable Direct Mode" seems to work. It just reboots SteamVR and upon rebooting surfaces the same error. 

SteamVR support page (https://help.steampowered.com/en/wizard/HelpWithGameIssue/?appid=250820&issueid=374&nodeid=79&return_nodeid=71) says to either Enable Direct Mode or update your GPU driver, but my GeForce driver says I have the latest version. 

Any thoughts??

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread but I came across it while having the same issue and thought Id post it solution for the next person in case it helps. 

SOLUTION: in my case the issue was that the Vive was connected to the wrong HDMI. There was an HDMI connected to my motherboard and an HDMI connected to the video card. 

I had mine connected to the motherboard one. I switched it to use the GPU one instead and it worked fine. 

hope that helps someone out there!

Edited by Koonga