Custom teleportation with Vive Focus

fueldown

Hi,

I am trying to implement a teleportation solution for vive focus in Unity. We develop ArchViz application and not everywhere we have abundant space to roam around. So to make it work in a small space, we needed to implement a teleport system just like in VIVE. 

Now the issue I am facing is the offset we get in head position/rotation if we walk physically. Is there a way to reset the head position from code at runtime? I am able to move the entire WaveVR prefab instance, but can't reset the head pose. I tried setting it in DevicePoseTracker script, but it is getting overridden the very next frame. Please let me know how this can be done.

I can see the demos on viveport such as the museum and the winter archviz who have implemented the reset mechanism, so I know it is possible, just can't figure out how. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi Tony,

We are still waiting for the update that will allow us to recentre the user at runtime. It is the only thing that is stopping us from going into production phase as the teleportation is critical to the functionality of our app.

Currently if you move physically, there is an offset to the head which we can not reset in the code. In the meanwhile if you have any solution/workaround to this, please let me know. This has been really frustrating for us.

Best,

Rohan

• 5 months later...