Vive Pro controllers don't stop charging

PanFX

13 hours ago, ttbloodlusttt said:

Just received my Vive Pro Full Kit.

Both controllers, headset, and basestation received updates yesterday.

I believe the controllers were going white prior to the update, but are now stuck on orange. They've been plugged in over 12 hours. When I unplug and plug back they flash blue and back to orange.

Base station is also still on despite the PC being in sleep mode.  My SteamVR hasn't indicated that any addition updates are pending 😕

They appear to be charged within SteamVR but it's unsettling not having some kind of indicator at Full charge. 

I've always found the same with mine as well using a wall charger.  They fully charge but I never get the white full-charge light.  If I've had them on charge for 5-6 hours and know they are charged, if I disconnect the charge cable then plug it in again I get the white light.  If not, I leave them on charge for another hour and unplug/replug again.  Now I just use an external 10000mahr battery (actually ones I got for my vive wireless adapter) pack to charge these and when they are fully charged the external battery automatically turn off.  If I manually restart the battery pack I get a white light and then the battery pack (and controller) turns off.  It's too bad that that the white light does not automatically come on with a wall charger, but that's life, lol!  I don't think you will damage the controller batteries by just leaving them on the wall charger overnight.  Just don't leave it plugged for over 12 hours at a time.

Edited by TomCgcmfc

5 hours ago, HackPerception said:

To confirm - this is a status LED misreporting issue. The controllers have hardware-level overcharge protection that protects the battery from overcharging.  Leaving them plugged in after charging sessions is okay, regardless of what charge state the LED is reporting.

Thanks for letting us know about the overcharge protection mate.  Since the 2.0 controllers are actually made by Valve it's probably a Valve issue anyway.  Although, my Index controllers that I now mainly use with my Vive Pro do turn off its the controller led once fully charged.  No real big deal for me.