Vive Pro controllers don't stop charging

PanFX

I charged my controllers for 15 hours and the charger + controller were still warm..

That means that the controller thinks the battery need to be charged even though it's fully charged. (my guess, the firmware update have some kind of missmatch to the sensor that reads battery status)

Meaning that if you having the charger on for more then fully charge time you will wear out the capacity of the battery.

Meaning you will not be able to play for longer period of time because of low capacity.

HTC will need to open up for replacement batteries in one year or so :)

Yes, I have the same issue - These PRO controllers have been like this since new, and STILL the issue isnt fixed.

What do we have to do? My PRO controlelrs dont last anywhere near as long as my original vive controllers - probably due to this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

My Vive PRO controllers also have this issue - I have been letting them charge overnight. Now I am worried that this is ruining their batteries. I am a newbie and still do not understand the difference between Vive, Valve, HTC, and Steam !  Who's responsibility is it to fix this problem?

• 2 weeks later...

This issue is well over a year old, my device has never worked properly from day 1.  come on HTC, do something about this crap!  And now tonight I tried to launch a game, and an update dropped a few days ago has left my $2000 headset completely useless!  base stations cannot see my headset reliably from 6' away?!  game flashes to the grey background more than the game.  so, update the system to break it, ignore the controllers charging forever.. do you even care about your customers?

• 9 months later...

I just purchased a vive pro headset and encountered this.  Worked fine initially until its first firmware update.  Based on the thread post it would seem that this has been an issue for the past 2 years without a fix?  Does HTC have any plans to continue to support the Vive Pro or should it be returned and replaced with a different product that HTC is actively supporting?   Thanks.

• 5 months later...

I have also encountered this issue.  I've had my Vive pro for about two weeks and was having a few issues with it and then my friend reminded me the entire setup probably had a firmware update I could perform.  After this update was complete I found both controllers LED indicators remain oragne no matter how long they're left on charge.  I have read through this thread and tried VibrantNebula's suggestion to unplug them from their power source and then plug them back in but they go white for about 1 second and then return to being orange.

• 6 months later...

Just received my Vive Pro Full Kit.

Both controllers, headset, and basestation received updates yesterday.

I believe the controllers were going white prior to the update, but are now stuck on orange. They've been plugged in over 12 hours. When I unplug and plug back they flash blue and back to orange.

Base station is also still on despite the PC being in sleep mode.  My SteamVR hasn't indicated that any addition updates are pending 😕

They appear to be charged within SteamVR but it's unsettling not having some kind of indicator at Full charge. 

Edited by ttbloodlusttt
Spelling. Indicator of full charge.