Order/Shipping to Aus ETA's

lolo28

baz023, hey mate. Think if you redeem the coupon that comes with the order, you get tilt brush, zombie trainer simulator,

not 100% sure think you also get dota (thought was free anyway), and elite dangerous (I bought that without vr a while ago, gave me a headache).

Personally I downloaded the lab, pretty amazing demo

If your keen on VR "video" content I recommend whirlgig (works on all my videos I used on samsung vr as it uses your computers video >>codecs<< so no issues for me.

Virtul Desktop is an improvement on the vanilla one, but its video program only ran 2% of videos.

Honestly I am slighly dissapointed by the lack of free/demo content. though its night 2. the Samsung one had some pretty well thought out content, though did buy a few. Image quality obviously denser then gearvr, can still see pixels as expected, but lot less obvious when fully immersed. refresh rate if Virtual Desktop reading is correct its solid 90fps. No headache or major eye strain compared to gearvr (mostly eye strain even low brightness).

To be fair did my research knew what to expect, not regretting my purchase by a long shot! amazing product. looking foward to 2 solid days of finding out what games are good to buy and play!

wrote:

Honestly I am slighly dissapointed by the lack of free/demo content.

Hey , do you mean bundled with the Vive, or available to download? There's loads of excellent free and demo content both on Viveport and Steam. We added a few new free titles to Viveport this week, including Allumette and Discovery VR - and then there's apps like The Body VR and Pearl, both Viveport Developer Awards nominees. :)

You can't go wrong with The Lab, btw. Try Destinations, too, which is sort of Valve's companion VR demo app.

Hi Rockjaw, 

I got a "preorder" bundle code with my purchase for steam, now before everyone starts flipping out, if your region is USA its 799+41 postage (840), if its Australia its 817.27 + 201.73 postage (1019 USD). So guess I covered the costs and then some.

Thanks for the advice, trying Allumette, The body VR, but Discovery VR and the Pearl doesnt seem to be on steam.

baz023,

Hey, as mentioned to evannucci, your probably better off asking suport via email. I am almost positive their system is manual input. I would't be surpised if its almost there.. according to fedex the process started 05/10.

03/10/2016 - Ordered
07/10/2016 - 12:03am - Got shipping confirmation
07/10/2016 - 3:34pm email response from support "vive orders usually shipped and received by our cutsomer within 7-15 days"
13/10/2016 - arrived

Hang in there.

Ordered mine on Fri 14th, received order email pretty much instantly. Haven't heard a thing since nearly a week later. Annoying dropping a grand on an item and having it charged, then having no idea where it is in the system =S

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Fo those who does not know you can get HTC Vive through Microsoft

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msaus/en_AU/pdp/HTC-Vive/productID.5081166500?icid=AU_Home_Spotlight_2_HTCVive_NA_NA_28112016

Their first unannounced price  was around $1100 but they were not selling for this price at least on their website. Now they have started selling it for AUD $1400

It is a bit more expensive to buy though Microsoft than directly but I am using forex echange rates. I think for paying with Paypal(their exchange rates) or a credit card(your bank exchnage rates) it may be that Microsoft one can be cheaper than buying directly.

Archived