Vive Pro audio quality

Madasafish

One reason that pushed me towards upgrading from Vive to Vive Pro for 869 € (that´s how much it costs here) was that i didn´t want the fiddlyness anymore to put on my Bluetooth-Headset over the vive after i put on the vive - and vice versa. So i was excited about the included headphones. Unfortunately i also get this horrible sound without any bass. I seriously hope it´s fixable by software as HTC mentioned, if not i expect them to offer a replacement for the headphons with at least moderate soundquality. Sorry, but the pricepoint of the Vive Pro is way to high to come with crappy headphones.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same problem with the missing bass, even with the latest firmware update.
Maybe this is also a USB driver conflict?

In the Device Manager under the "Events" tab of "VIVE Pro Multimedia Audio", "Speakers (VIVE Pro Multimedia Audio)" and "Microphone (VIVE Pro Multimedia Audio)", the following notes from the driver, "Requires additional installations", "was generated not migrated to a partial or ambiguous match ". (Automatic driver search does not yield results.)

Has anyone tried to delete all old Vive drivers and reinstall again?

TylerDax, you're lucky.  Is there anything else you did?

And HTC, don't think you're done now because I also have the latest SteamVR beta installed, as well as the headset firmware update.  I even deleted and reinstalled all Vive software and restarted my computer.  And still no bass.

I know it seems redundant to reference an article that references this forum, but over at Tom's Hardware (http://www.tomshardware.com/news/steamvr-vive-pro-audio-patch,36880.html), they're experiencing the same issue.

The part that I find baffling is that this wouldn't be nearly as big of an issue if HTC wasn't constantly bragging about the superior audio (throbbing drivers in the "Only One King" announcement video, etc.) up until the release.  That and the price of the unit of course.

So I ask the question again, more out of curiosity than anything, why claim amazing audio when it didn't have it in the first place?

Also, considering the failed patching attempt, if this can't be resolved on a software level, will we be getting replacement headphones or a refund?  Because it is a very clear case of false advertising.