Vive Pro audio quality

Madasafish

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to add I also get the same issue on my Vive Pro on the sound sounding terrible, tinny and with no bass at all. I'm glad to hear it is a known issue wich is being worked on because as it stands my device is unusable like this.

I've tried switching audio devices to see if that is the problem but it didn't make any difference.

Hello.  I know it's a known issue, but I figure the more people talking about it, the more HTC will realise how serious of an issue it is.  Especially since they were boasting about the audio quality...then there's no bass.   How did no one actually test the audio of the device months ago?

I'm not trying to be rude, but at the same time, customers have paid lots of money for a product that was supposed to have great sound.

Hello

I also have the "tinny" (non-bass) audio experince with the Pro. I hope the HTC team can send out a firmware update addressing this issue soon.Unfortunately, if there is not a solution within the 30 day return window (U.S.) we will have to return the headest  (T-minus 24 days since our purchase). 

Regards

Really would love to have more details about when we can expect the patch. I'm being as patient as possible, but it is killing me having this amazing new headset yet suffering through poor audio is ruining the experience. I've even held off from demoing it to friends/family. Anything more than "expected shortly" or "soon", as someone else mentioned, return windows will be closing and many people are waiting to confirm audio is on point before making the decision whether to keep or return the headset. I worry many people will return if this is not fixed before return window runs out.

Is there anything we can do to help move this process along?

Thank you

+1 to the list of folks experiencing a very sub optimal audio experience on the VivePro.  Very tinny and no bass.  Playing some titles were painful with extreme high pitch sound effects. 

In terms of the physical design of the headphones and their mounting arms, they do not sit snug with my ears, which also effects the bass reproduction.  The Pro Audio Strap on the 1st Gen had curved headphone mounts that seemed to give better headphone placement and pressure on one's ears.  The VivePro's headphone mounts are straight arms which, at least for me, are much less effective at placing the headphones in the proper position with correct tension against my ears.

We have a working patch that we're finalizing and verifying across multiple hardware/software environments. Patching this issue is a top priority and deployment will occur at the earliest possible opportunity. 

, ,  - These reports match the cluster of symptoms addressed by the patch currently being validated.