Vive Pro audio quality

Madasafish

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

, yes that's right. You would need to install Vive Port to explore that. I installed it, after having read the manual, while troubleshooting this audio fault.

PS. Thanks again for sharing your spring design. I'm having it printed now and will keep an eye out for your refinements if you do that :)

wrote:

Depends on what you refer to. Technically, audio is working very well so far. If not, something is wrong on your end.

you're not telling the true story...

first things i tested is pushed the headphone against my ears ,still no bass...

also many ppl on reddit said they dont have bass tone even 100% fit their ear size...

right now all we can do is  turn on the bass enhancer for better audio quality....

btw I A/B tested Vive Pro and DAS many many times , 100% sure the Bass tone on Pro have serious problem ...

Well, i don't recall that a technical support forum is used to tell stories. We are here trying to help each other by sharing advice and experiences. On my end the speakers are working very well within their technical specifications, considering their form factor and the supra aural design. This means they deliver as much bass as they technically/physically can. It's not the super subwoofed boom, but pretty okay for their size. Like i already stated "If not, something is wrong on your end." Change your USB ports to a free USB controller with high bandwidth, try changing the audio source (HDMI <-> Vive Pro multimedia) back and forth again. Try switching the camera on and off, that settles the issues for most people.

Hi Everyone, 

Apologies if this has already been said, but have you tried:

• Go into "Playback Devices" in windows audio settings
  • Select the Vive's audio device (usually there are two - the HDMI device and the USB device - this works for either)
  • Go into the device's properties, then navigate to the "Advanced" tab
  • Change the sample rate from 48000 to 44100 and hit "Apply"
  • Click the test button and it should sound normal