VIVE Pro tracking out, original works fine

Raging Beard

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got reply after they reviewed my log and seems something in the room is reflective but that's impossible. Only object is TV which I have covered with a sheet and still tracking issues. There is really nothing which is reflective. Very weird.

We sent a PM to  for a new log file (normal one) as the normal one and first abnormal file are identical.

However, we found abnormal two file has lots of back facing hits errors from steamVR which reminds us there is a similar thread a year ago with the same errors.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/4q0lsj/sudden_tracking_issues_with_the_headset/

There is a possibility that andrewricky has reflection issue like redditor user"eskillroy" had.

We would suggest to rule out reflective objetcs in the playroom first or switching to a different USB port. 

Would it be possible if andrewricky can try VIVE Pro in another room or play space? 

Thank you for your help.

Dear Superman III

We rechecked your log file and found out the distance between your two base stations is 6.8M. Can you confirm? For optimal tracking, please ensure the maximum distance between the two base stations is 5M.

Thanks.

I think I speak for everyone when I say thanks for your help. I do think though, that being able to play this $800 upgrade shouldn't require such extreme and inconvenient solutions more than the original Vive setup :/ how is it that the cheaper original Vive is working better then this?

So any reflection can cause interference? OMG. Why is the new headset so over sensitive? I think I will return the headset. It is not worth it. Thanks anyway for trying to solve. Hope someday you will find sodtware fix for it. If not then you'velost a very loyal customer. My third HTC HMD. With all accessories. Hope the fix will come and I can buy your stuff again without having issues afterwards.

Just to follow up on my issue.  I got my replacement Vive in, had the same issue with tracking as the previous version.    I did find out the issue though, I had a Kinect working and attached to an Xbox One in the same room.  I unplugged it and everything is fine now.      So problem resolved, just wish I had known to try that 2 weeks ago before sending my original Vive Pro in!

Archived