Hello, developers!

Rockjaw

If you're reading this, then congratulations! You have exclusive access to these forums as a developer for HTC Vive and Viveport.

With all the excitement of the Viveport launch last week (including the revamping of these forums) I didn't have time to introduce myself and, frankly, explain what's going on here.

First, hello! I'm Stephen Reid. I run community here at Viveport, which right now primarily means I'm handling the forums. I've worked in games and tech, off and on for about 16 years both here in the US and also in Europe (I'm English, but based in our San Francisco offices - literally next to some of our Vive X development teams). I've spent a lot of time working with developers, and consider it a privilege that I get to see your product being created, then help spread the word about it to consumers across the world.

Now, as for what's going on here...

We have built and designed these forums to be a private, developer only area that will allow you to communicate with HTC staff and of course, other developers. Normal forum members can't see these forums, or any others within the Developer Forums category (they can't even see they exist).

While there are obviously a million other places on the web to discuss development and VR, we're hoping to make this a must-visit destination for you. With that in mind, I hope we can make this a conversation: you talk to us and we'll talk back to you. Nicely. :)

So let's start. Tell us something about yourself, and what you're developing. You can be as specific or as vague as you're comfortable with regarding your projects, but whatever you're working on, we'd love to hear about it.

If you have any questions at all about your time here in our community, please feel free to reach out to me via PM and I'll do my best to help.

Look forward to hearing from you!

• 2 years later...

Archived