vive tracker 2.0 (2018) and USB communication

evirtual

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

, , , , 

Hello everyone, I have a quick update to share on this topic. I can now confirm that engineering teams are currently working on a firmware revision which will enable USB data features on tracker 18'. It should be live within a few months; I don't have an exact launch date to share currently since bringing this feature to the new hardware poses a few complex engineering challenges which are currently being solved. 

I'll be sure to post any future updates about this feature within this thread. 

I am very thankful you herd us out unfortunately i sold my ppgun rifle like two days ago at a very affordable price and if this works i will buy it again but for another 700 dollars im mad for not waiting but i should have had more faith in you i hope you are able to do this so it can push us closer to the future

I am very thankful you herd us out unfortunately i sold my ppgun rifle like two days ago at a very affordable price and if this works i will buy it again but for another 700 dollars im mad for not waiting but i should have had more faith in you i hope you are able to do this so it can push us closer to the future

Thank you so much for making this happen. Could you verify the protocol will stay the same? I believe there were some innacuracies in the first implementation for which we have made workarounds. It would be nice if our code on the host side will stay compatible with the new tracker.

, while the goal is to maintain parity with the v1 implementation, quite a bit of codebase is being rewritten to make this happen (hence the timelines involved). While the protocol at large should be as functionally similar as possible,  it's probably a little bit too early to judge which if any of these more nuanced "inaccuracies" you've encountered  will be represented in the 18' implementation. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have two old trackers (with the grey button) and one new one (with the blue button).

Should the USB connectivity work with the old trackers?   (Or has the firmware and runtime updates broken this?)

Any update on the status of the usb communication for the new trackers?

Thanks!