JustinVive

[NEW] Vive Wave SDK Links (Latest SDK release: August 11, 2020)

Hi @alivelii

Sorry for the delayed response. The latest Wave SDK 3.1.4 supports UE 4.22. And it supports OpenGL ES 3.1 and Vulkan as well.

To use GLES 3.1, please find the option in ProjectSetting > Platforms > Android > Build

Uncheck "ES2" and check "ES3.1" option, then build your project.

1129.png.7d83c11cffc3538f951a456e627b95a4.png

May I ask when will the SDK support UE 4.23 ?

On 11/29/2019 at 6:13 PM, Cotta said:

Hi @alivelii

Sorry for the delayed response. The latest Wave SDK 3.1.4 supports UE 4.22. And it supports OpenGL ES 3.1 and Vulkan as well.

To use GLES 3.1, please find the option in ProjectSetting > Platforms > Android > Build

Uncheck "ES2" and check "ES3.1" option, then build your project.

1129.png.7d83c11cffc3538f951a456e627b95a4.png

@Cotta

For Unreal developers we'd recommend Wave VR 3.1.4 + UE 4.21 or 4.22 at current stage. 4.23 support is under planning. We don't have a clear target date to share for now.

@Tony PH Lin Circling back here because we have discovered the reason why we've been unable to run the latest Unity plugin 3.1.4:

It turns out that there were mobile VR packages that we thought we had removed from ProjectSettings, but were still present. Checking ProjectSettings.asset we removed "daydream" and "Oculus" and the build succeeded and ran without any AndroidManifest.xml collisions.

Everything works now. Also there is no need for us to modify the platform settings for the wvr plugins, as we indicated above. They are good as they are imported.

Edited by atonalfreerider
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hi, @Tony PH Lin, @Cotta, @JustinVive

I want to try the experimental features on my device, but it seems they do not work (hand tracking and gesture). I assume this is related to the ROM version. How can I check it? Can I somehow activate these features?

I used Unreal Engine 4.24.

Edited by MDV Games

Hi @MDV Games,

we are aware that UE4.24 has deprecated the MotionController Input and we are working on a different way of supporting Unreal Engine's Input.
For now, you can follow the instructions about using the WaveVR Blueprint API for Input HERE  and use the BP Nodes IsInputButtonPressed, IsInputButtonTouched and GetInputButtonAxis

../_images/UnrealControllerButtons_IsInputButtonPressed.png

Also for your question on how to get access to Wave SDK 31.94(that does support hand tracking indeed) please check this post. It describes the process.

• Like 2