Controller not visible or not stable at all (to infinity and beyond)

MrSojiro

Well, i will try with my laser pointer ! :D

For the pairing procedure, i have no idea (to be honest). I tried so many thing before and after (like, trying to pair it in different order) that i couldn't be certain of the pairing order ;)

I'm curently finishing the setup of the new room and will test it in a second, let see what happens :)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, here are the results  : The new setup isn't effective at all, the controller is still going wherever it want (even if I yell at him to stay.)

Base Station are on stable position, and no obstacle or reflective surface are present (well, there is a windows, with closed shutters)

Oh, i also noticed that my functionning controler is starting to make a noise when i push the trigger...you know, the same noise as when you go one your OLD bed.....

But i love to say it : both controller are 2-3 week old. (well, i used one of them for.... 1 days ? When i could saw it XD)

Well, everything seems to be brandnew :')     (sorry, i'm loosing my mind, i still cannot understand how this could happen for something with is so expensive :(.....)

I'll go make the pointer test after replacing the stuff on the old setup.

Here the result of the laser search : I found one relevant thing which was reflecting (a lot) laser pointer, but which was very small. I tried to removed it, run the test again, and that did not fixed anything.....

The is nothing else in the room that reflect more than 10-15% the laser pointer.... (our floor reflect the pointer like 5%, but hey, this is irrelevant....

The controller is squeaking? If you've only had it for 2 weeks, I'd recommend contacting support immediately and getting it replaced while you're within your 14 day window.

I don't think that the floating controller is because of any sort of hardware issue (since you RMA'd it and it is still happening) but it may end up being a difficult problem to solve as the cause is not immediately apparent. 

The next thing to investigate is probably the USB drivers. You said you fixed the power settings already, right?

Thanks,

-John C

The 14 are already passed considering i ordered it the 31 of october, and received it the 2 of november. Considering this problem appeared yesterday and considering i wasn't realy able to use the functioning since i didn't get the second controller... (Lets call that bad luck, i will talk with about this issue with the chat support tomorrow)

Ok, so lets focus on our current problem \o/

Its seems that USB is functionning correctly, but i can run any diagnistic (or tool) you want to verify that. I'm open to any suggestion XD

I already tried to :

- Change USB port (3.0 -> 2.0 and vice versa)

- Delete ALL vive drivers and reinstall it

I did all that because, at first, i had an anomaly on my driver management : 1 periferical (vive) was not well detected by the computer (yellow "?").

More recently :

- Delete viveport software considering it makes crash my video driver while i was making the previous video :p

So the post desapeared again :D

Lets rewrite it ^^

TL:DR

-> I will contact the support for the "functionning" controller

-> I tried a lot of manipulation with UBS considering i got an error when i first tried to install the vive (so usb devices was not detected) : the problem is now solved (for this part, don't misunderstand me :p)

I also tried USB 3.0 -> 2.0

I'm open to any suggestion : if you want i test any tool (such as hammer :p) or softwares, i'm ready.

Oh, i also deleted the vive software, considering it make my video drivers crash while i was making the video for this post :p

I have executed the tool and followed every steps which was on the link, but it didn't changed anything :(

We can keep searching for a solution.

In parallele, i have asked for a friend who also has a HTC Vive headset, if he can come to my house to test my setup with my functionnal controller + one of his (both of him are functionnal). But i will not be able to try that before tomorrow.

Archived