Can anyone recommend a USB hub for use with Vive tracker dongles

fikkle

• 7 months later...

Hi ! Just a follow up question on the subject. I am working on an application that requires multiple tracker use. We wish to use a hub as well for doing so. I was wondering if you tried any yet and if they work well ? Do you also know if there's any practical limit on the number of trackers that can be paired at once using a hub ?

Thanks

, as above, we really don't have any recommendations hubwise. Any high quality modern hub from a trusted supplier should do, you may wish to get a powered hub depending on your specific usecase. The limitation you're more likely to encounter is co-channel interference from having too many trackers in the same area. 13 is the limit of practicality.  The number of trackers that can be supported in any given scenario is unique to that specific RF environment and by software limitations for each SteamVR instance.

Thanks a lot for the prompt response. That helped.

I was also wondering if VIVE would be producing any hubs for interfacing with the trackers for multi-tracker applications without using the wireless dongles for each tracker.

Thanks

, It's worth noting that each SteamVR instance has a software limit for 16 devices including basestations and the HMD so the total number that you can pair when using two controllers and two basestations would be 11 trackers (and 13 without controllers). I'm not sure about the hub part; these antennas need to be seperated physically to prevent interference as far as I'm aware.

Archived