Don't Be Shy to Ask for Help

Rheyland

You can see in the image, the shape of the HDMI port. Please use that. Obviously, this isn't the layout of the ports on your desktop, but it should give you some idea. If you're still having trouble, take a photo of the ports on your laptop and post it in this thread and I'll identify the correct port.

Thank you,

-John C

this is the best photo I could get

I hope you can tell which port to use for the VR headset

The Alienware Aurora R5 gaming PC is VR ready so it should have 2 HDMI ports---I just came find which one it is----very frustrating.

I really want to use my VR headset.

It looks like you have a HDMI cable plugged in already. Is that a NVIDIA 1060 graphics card? I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you have used the HDMI port on the graphics card for your monitor? If you can connect your monitor via one of the other ports you can free up the HDMI slot.

Thank you,

-John C

If I understand this correctly,  your monitor requires an HDMI output and your Vive also requires one? You can use a male DVI-D -> female HDMI converter to turn that DVI output into an HDMI output. 

Always try to plug the Vive directly into the GPU since some adapters are incompatible. 

I can't tell by the supplied photo but it looks like you may have DisplayPort as well which uses this type of cable to connect to the Vive but I typically use HMDI. 

Archived