Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 on Vive?

Squigeon

Unfortunately, VR requires a pretty beefy graphics card, bare minimum recommended is a GTX 970 (or AMD equivalent). Intel graphics are motherboard (onboard) video graphics I believe thus this would be seriously under powered.

In Example..... when I got my Vive, I was running it with a GTX-980, I noticed that certain VR software would drop frames here and there and I couldn't set super sampling higher than default (1.0). A couple of weeks ago, I broke the bank and bought a GTX 1080 Ti and now everything is smooth with both application and compositor super sampling set to 1.5 which makes things look better and the text easier to read.

Regards: Jack

Best bet is to look on Steam, there is software on there that will check your computer system and let you know what parts are NOT ready for VR. This is handy since it'll let you know where you stand system wise. The Steam software is called "Steam VR Performance Test" do search for it on Steam. :)

Regards: Jack

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

@Tobias Claren - VR is 100% incompatible with Intel onboard graphics. To my knowledge, the only onboard graphics chip set that's compatible with any sort of VR is the AMD Vega M but even then, it can only first gen HMDs and less complex apps. Rec room is low spec so it might work on a Vega M but overall you can't get a Vive to work on any onboard chipset with the exception of the Vega M.

@ola Please see my response here: