Deluxe Audio Strap restock info?

SandmaN

Hi CaTaPulT ,

Did you see that the "other" HMD can now be had for a HUGE discount now?

$549 all in with the motion controllers bundle if purchased directly.       

If you were ever curious and considering picking one up, there's no better time.

I'm going to order a second one for myself....this is just too good of a deal to pass on.  

Figured I'd give you the heads up.

Usually I wouldn't promote the competition on a site like this, but since HTC/Vive are being completely silent and not letting us early adopters of the "not so" Deluxe Audio Strap know how/if they are going to make things right, I could care less what they think.         

Hi Kranky Pantz.

Thanks for the heads up.

Right now, I'm just staying with the Vive since I have a expensive set of prescription lens inserts coming (hopefully I don't have to wear glasses in my Vive anymore).

As for the other HMD, I am curious for sure, but right now, I think I will wait until the next generation HMD comes to market, one this better screens (no Screen Door Effect) and are more efficient than the current HMD's available today.

VR still has a long way to go before it really appeals to the masses, the biggest hurdle right now is the price (for the HMD and the computer upgrades needed), but also, the bulk of the HMD's not everyone is willing to strap a brick to their face.

Also the software has a lot of maturing to do so it can become reliable with all the myriad of computer hardware combinations out there. Now with Microsoft and other big outfits getting into the picture, things may start to progress a little quicker.

Time will tell.

Regards: Jack

Sorry but I haven't seen any official announcements which were obvious to us early adopters, definately not for over a month.

Was there an official sticky or pinned thread with a headline such as this here in the forums which stated that fact?

All I ever read, even up until last week that they were investigating the issue, with no ETA on a resolution, and that there were "adjustments" being made.

In the end, what improvements have been made to the new straps we'll be receiving, or were they simply washed, as another poster had jokingly mentioned?

I will contact the appropriate department now that you say it's fine to do so.

Thanks

No worries, figured I'd give you the heads up, since there are differences between the HMD's.

BTW, it sounds as though you are holding off on a new HMD based on what you've already experienced with the Vive and that 4k'ish Pimax one.

Trust me, the one on sale now is much closer to what the criteria you have stated you are looking for.

True 4K is going to require much more PC than most people already have in their possession.

Either way, figured I'd let a fellow user who dabbles in cockpit style games/sims know about the recent price drop/sale.

P.S. Did you stock up on VR games during this last Steam Summer Sale?

I got a ton, which is why I'm grabbing another HMD to use for the living room PC....sort of a social thing and also one for workout/cardio based games.

Thanks Kranky Pantz, I appreciate the heads up, I did go look at the sale, but after spending a grand on a EVGA 1080Ti a couple weeks ago, asking to pull the trigger on another $550 could be detrimental to my health! LOLOL. :P

Also, I'm not looking for 4K in the next generation HMD's, agreed, 4K would require ridiculous computing power, what I meant is tighter pixel density (space between pixels) thus eliminating the SDE. :)

Surprisingly, the PSVR has the highest pixel density of the big 3 HMD's currently on the market.

The RGB sub-pixels make a noticable difference, the SDE is virtually (wink-wink) eliminated, leaving just a subtle textile effect....far less noticable and obtrusive.

It's actually quite remarkably what they've done with the technology on hand.

Cheers, and enjoy that 1080Ti....must be awesome!!!!

Yes, the 1080Ti is sweet, I have both Application supersampling and Compositor supersampling set to 1.5 and no dropped frames and everything looks cleaner and clearer especially text and even some of the small text is more legible. :)

Archived