I didn't got my 50 USD steam wallet code - is it a scam?

Narhir

Hello,

I just purchased a Vive but...

I feel very sad and dissapointed as I purchased the vive in hope of spending the 50 USD wallet steam code on current summer sale vr titles but I have purchased it in authorized distributor in my country.

I did got the sealed box with the code to redeem and I used this code, and got Star Trek Bridge Crew, Richie plank experience and Everest VR however I didn't got the 50 USD steam wallet code so is it a scam to make people more eager to buy it?  could someone explain this to me ? 

Europe always get $cr3w3d when it comes to sales and prices.

Just the fact that Steam and others set 1$=1Euro is a robbery.

I live in DK, and bougut my Vive 2 months ago for 7300 Dkr, the best price I could find.

7300 Dkr equals 1.107$ (todays $ rate) and "only" 982 Euro.. 

So if I bought the Vive today at normal 899 Euro rate, I would actually pay what equals to 1.013 $.

So 114$ is what Europeans pay too much, just because the shops say that Dollar and Euro is the same rate. Then Add 25% Vat + shipment to get it to Denmark.

Just saying we get shafted hard over here!

I hear you on getting screwed due to the exchange rate, I'm in Canada, the Vive when not on sale is $1,149.00 here, I got mine with a $100 off price at the 1 year anniversary sale.

I just ordered a set of VR Lens Labs prescription lenses and the cost was in Euros, the cost was 124 Euros which makes it to $191.01 Canadian dollars! :(

The sad part is we are neighbours with the States, they get everything so cheap while we have to pay through the nose for the same stuff. :(

Regards: Jack

Hi John, sorry, I think you misunderstood, I wasn't commenting on the "Scam" part of the message thread, just the exchange rates between countries and how some countries have to pay so much for the same stuff the USA gets for cheap! lol

Regards: Jack

wrote:

Europe always get $cr3w3d when it comes to sales and prices.

Just the fact that Steam and others set 1$=1Euro is a robbery.

I live in DK, and bougut my Vive 2 months ago for 7300 Dkr, the best price I could find.

7300 Dkr equals 1.107$ (todays $ rate) and "only" 982 Euro.. 

So if I bought the Vive today at normal 899 Euro rate, I would actually pay what equals to 1.013 $.

So 114$ is what Europeans pay too much, just because the shops say that Dollar and Euro is the same rate. Then Add 25% Vat + shipment to get it to Denmark.

Just saying we get shafted hard over here!

In the UK we get shafted even more than that, the £ is stronger than both the Euro and Dollar yet they make up some rubbish about exchange rates and import/export taxes, customs etc.  Many american companies are doing it purely to add directly to the bottom line.  Sadly there is nothing you can do about it.

Currently £1 = $1.30, €1.13

At its peak the pound was about $1.60 ish and even then you still saw the exact £1 = $1, then all these American companies had the cheek to say they were forces to increase their prices due to the weaking pound.  Greed pure and simple. 

• 3 months later...

Archived