flashing grey screen

Aidarpro

Yeah, my headset was repaired in a local (if you can call romania from the UK as local) place.  I attached a short explanation of the problem and how to test for it in both english and romanian (i have a romanian friend who translated this for me).  According to everything i have received from HTC the headset was just "repaired" and not replaced in any way.  the serial numbers etc are the same.  To be honest i didnt hold out much hope for it being repaired when i sent it off but the tech on support was just follwing a script and i suspect he wasn't allowed to do anything else until the headset had been through their repair desk.  now it's back and i have been able to talk to them again, i pointed thenm to this forum and gave another explanation of the problem and they have escalated the request, whatever that means.  My room in july is only about 25 degrees c so it's not too hot.  Basically at the moment i am gunning for a replacement headset as it's a really expensive item and i just want it to work.  i know that's not very helpful for HTC or for the other people here who are out of warranty but you can probably understand my position as well.  I havent been able to use this fantastic piece of kit for more than an hour at a time without getting frustrated with it and i'm not gonna have much time to use it in a month as i am going to uni

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello!
I started an experiment a couple of weeks ago - I closed 2 sensors:

5GWGrWfz4-g.jpg

USFB1iQ_IjI.jpgAfter that the gray flashes ceased to appear. I do not know how much this would have been enough, but I played until 3 o'clock and did not see the gray screen.

But I notice or it seems to me, there is a slight tremor of the helmet and controllers.

Yesterday i have recieve from HTC another cable 3in1:

(left is has buyed with HMD set, right is cable sent by HTC)

z2Hqv9RCygg.jpg

I removed stickers from 2 sensors, and begin the test.

Unfortunately, an hour later a gray screen appeared.

I can confirm what wrote. When the grey flickers start appearing, the mirror screen on the desktop still behave as normal and the HMD position keeps being tracked in the mirror display on the monitor with no flickers. Only inside the HMD there is flickers. Maybe this information can lead engineers in the right direction to find the cause of the issue.

I cannot confirm what  and  wrote .
You can see on my video that while flashing grey on the HMD, on the display also flashing (

). But it only in "Headset mirror" window, In the game window there isn't grey flashing. If i hold HMD in the zone when appear grey screen several seconds, then the picture in the game window will be freeze.

I'll check it again. It could be that I confused between the mirror screen and the game screen on the monitor. Aidarpro description makes more logical sense. Unfortunately I am not home for about one week.

Hey Aidarpro,

I also received a new 3-in-1 cable from HTC and did some testing tonight. There doesn't seem to be any improvement for you with the new cable. I only played for one hour but didn't have any tracking issue during my play session. It was however a cool day and the front part of the headset did not feel as hot as usual. I will re-test it tomorrow for a longer period of time and inform you of the results. 

Hi !
When i tasted in first time i played about 1 houres without problem and then i switchef off HMD. But when i played second time, after 1 houres the grey screen had return. And next times grey screen appeared after 1 houres.