flashing grey screen

Aidarpro

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abandon hope all who enter here.

Do not expect ANY level is customer support. I totally agree, the money we've spent does not reflect the support we receive. I bought a business edition.ive had a multitude of issues.(see my previous posts) latest being dead pixels. I am paying £70 a day to be in a leisure complex and they expect me to send my headset away for an expedited 3 days!? Will they pay me loss of earnings,I,ll let you guess.

Serious question,is the occulus rift any good?

Harry

Hello all.  I've been reviewing and discussing this with others.  To those tagged that submitted the information requests, thank you. 

The overall consensus right now is that operating temperatures (i.e. if your room or environment is hot vs. cold) does not appear to be the cause nor bear out in testing as a cause.  There is a hypothesis that perhaps irregular power supplied to the hmd via a faulty/non-faulty 3-1 or other component could be a cause.  This assumes that base station positioning and/or interference is not a cause at this stage. 

Since everyone is in a wide range of locations, it makes things like having your hmd sent to us for testing or any form of individual troubleshooting somewhat challenging but I will work through that.

Can you tell me (either privately or in this thread) where you purchased your Vive? Because we don't service your location, the source of purchase will help me identify what region we can potentially provide support in.

Same question for you, although for slightly different reason, can you let me know where you purchased your kit (vive.com? retailer?).

Thank you for participating. Please PM me, or email me as you have my contact info. I would like to keep this thread focused on the issue reported, which sounds like you are experiencing different issues.

Thanks,

John

Hello, I bought it in technopoint.ru dns company.

Dave0590 , when you tried your frend's HDM in your room, did you use your new 3 in 1 cable? If you used your cable and his HDM was OK, it would been mean, that cable isn't problem.

@jagibson

Could you please consider my input from page 13? Thank you.

I'm actually the one who went over my friend's house last weekend. I tried my headset with my 3-in-1 cable with the rest of my friend's Vive equipment (base stations, controllers and link box). I forgot to mention in my previous post that I did not try my headset with his old 3-in-1 cable or his headset with my cable (my headset was tested with my cable and his headset was tested with his cable). Now that I think about it, it would have been a very important information to have. I might not be able to re-test shortly so if anyone else in this thread has access to another 3-in-1 cable, it would be one of the few things that I have not tested yet.