Vive Business Streaming 1.07.13a - Public release notes

C.T.

VIVE Business Streaming Software - 1.07.13a – Release notes

Released May 26th, 2022

Release Highlights

More Bitrates options available

Support Bitrate up to 200Mbps, with new UI behavior which allows you to adjust the bitrates to fit your network setup.

VBS Console – 1.07.13a

• Support more Bitrate settings and change the UI for better UI behavior.
  • Support Vive Wrist Tracker to connect to accessories and provide button event raw data in Tracker mode (set to hand role).
  • Fixed a potential launch issue on some computers due to a 2022-4 Windows updates for W10.
  • Fixed a bug where unity sometimes could not start show correct scene due to invalided IPD value.
  • Fixed several minimize behavior issues.
  • Fixed a bug where sometimes SteamVR cannot restart while updating VBS.
  • Fixed an issue which could cause VBS unable to uninstall.
  • Finetuned VBS installation error handling to avoid stopping from a bug from windows.

VBS Client (1.0.10.1) - Be sure to update through VIVE Business App Store, some of the changes require the latest client version

• Improved Wrist Tracker stability when using as tracker mode.
  • Support Vive Wrist Tracker to connect to accessories and provide button event raw data in Tracker mode (set to hand role).
  • Stability fine-tuned.
  • Fixed open dashboard and connection type toast overlay message could show incorrect size.
  • Fine-tuned the fixed IP connection behavior.
  • Fine-tuned Focus 3 controller trigger clicking event.

On 5/26/2022 at 7:44 AM, C.T. said:

VIVE Business Streaming Software - 1.07.13a – Release notes

Released May 26th, 2022

Release Highlights

More Bitrates options available

Support Bitrate up to 200Mbps, with new UI behavior which allows you to adjust the bitrates to fit your network setup.

VBS Console – 1.07.13a

• Support more Bitrate settings and change the UI for better UI behavior.
  • Fixed a potential launch issue on some computers due to a 2022-4 Windows updates for W10.
  • Fixed a bug where unity sometimes could not start show correct scene due to invalided IPD value.
  • Fixed several minimize behavior issues.
  • Fixed a bug where sometimes SteamVR cannot restart while updating VBS.
  • Fixed an issue which could cause VBS unable to uninstall.
  • Finetuned VBS installation error handling to avoid stopping from a bug from windows.

VBS Client (1.0.10.1) - Be sure to update through VIVE Business App Store, some of the changes require the latest client version

• Improved Wrist Tracker stability when using as tracker mode.
  • Stability fine-tuned.
  • Fixed open dashboard and connection type toast overlay message could show incorrect size.
  • Fine-tuned the fixed IP connection behavior.
  • Fine-tuned Focus 3 controller trigger clicking event.

Great work as always but quick questions: 

1. Is there a way to introduce an Extreme mode? I see alot and myself playing around in Native resolution and it looks wonderful, I do prefer putting on native resolution + sharpness max and enjoy the crystal clear image. 

2. Alot of my testers have complained that sometimes stutter/lag can occur due to the headset not rendering quick enough, is there a way to implement auto switching between resolutions and bitrate like the Quest 2/ Virtual desktop , maybe even get the virtual desktop integrated into the Focus 3 seeing as the hardware is similar to a Quest 2. 

3. Theres an error sometimes when applying sharpening that it zooms in? I do get blackbars from time to time and I can adjust that by turning off sharpening and then on again, is that any behavior you seen? 

4. Can we add a virtual audio to windows for the Focus 3 in similar fashion to the original Vive/vive pro? And also by default have the mic turn on when you turn on vive business software? Theres alot of yankiness setting up the audio sometimes. 

Thanks in Advance C.T and keep it up! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like we got a 1.08.2 BETA version over the weekend. I don't know if it's related yet, but I was playing some SteamVR games tonight and twice had compression degradation to the point where I had to stop playing, stop VBS on my PC, restart VBS, and everything looked good again. The image appeared differently than just a blurrier downscaling, it was more blocky like compression artifacts. I don't know if my headset updated the VBS client though (didn't see an update available) so could just be a version mismatch problem too. I tend to leave the settings at "Quality" and 150 Mbps, as I'm running over a Wifi 6E connection in the same room, so it's usually very quick and solid.

On 6/13/2022 at 2:08 PM, jefmes said:

Looks like we got a 1.08.2 BETA version over the weekend. I don't know if it's related yet, but I was playing some SteamVR games tonight and twice had compression degradation to the point where I had to stop playing, stop VBS on my PC, restart VBS, and everything looked good again. The image appeared differently than just a blurrier downscaling, it was more blocky like compression artifacts. I don't know if my headset updated the VBS client though (didn't see an update available) so could just be a version mismatch problem too. I tend to leave the settings at "Quality" and 150 Mbps, as I'm running over a Wifi 6E connection in the same room, so it's usually very quick and solid.

hey mate, sorry that we HQ were unable to access to forum this afternoon for some technical issues. but yeah, it's a new beta update. 
We also added the client update via VBS console this time in advance tab, please also update it via the console with USB cable. 

On 5/31/2022 at 12:23 AM, GhostPsi said:

Great work as always but quick questions: 

1. Is there a way to introduce an Extreme mode? I see alot and myself playing around in Native resolution and it looks wonderful, I do prefer putting on native resolution + sharpness max and enjoy the crystal clear image. 

2. Alot of my testers have complained that sometimes stutter/lag can occur due to the headset not rendering quick enough, is there a way to implement auto switching between resolutions and bitrate like the Quest 2/ Virtual desktop , maybe even get the virtual desktop integrated into the Focus 3 seeing as the hardware is similar to a Quest 2. 

3. Theres an error sometimes when applying sharpening that it zooms in? I do get blackbars from time to time and I can adjust that by turning off sharpening and then on again, is that any behavior you seen? 

4. Can we add a virtual audio to windows for the Focus 3 in similar fashion to the original Vive/vive pro? And also by default have the mic turn on when you turn on vive business software? Theres alot of yankiness setting up the audio sometimes. 

Thanks in Advance C.T and keep it up! 

We have observed similar issue for #3. thanks, we will have internal to stress replicating the issue to see how to fix it. 
#4 is WIP. @GhostPsi you can check 1.08.2 beta release if it suits your need.

Thanks

• Like 1