Fault 03 (Error 10010) on base station, red blinking light

Melnick666

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, no, since it's a hardware failure on one of the rotors. The best thing to do is to contact our Support via Live Chat for your region/country and go through the RMA process.

www.vive.com/us/support/contactus is the URL for the US facing Live Chat, but you can change your location to talk to any other regional support as well.

Thank you!

-John C

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, what is the life expectancy of a base station ?

Should the power be unplugged when not in use ?

I got the red light after one month of use.

Will have it replaced, but should I expect this to happen regularly ?

Thanks.

1. We have base stations here and out in the wild that have been running nonstop for over two years. We don't have any specific "life expectancy" for the base stations.
2. That's up to you, but it doesn't really make a difference. Some people prefer not to hear the hum when it's not being used.

3. Sorry to hear that. You'll be happy to know, that if you purchased your kit from us directly or an authorized retailer you're still within warranty.
4. No, I wouldn't expect it to happen again. Usually any failures come from trauma against the base station while it's in use. It's actually a very robust piece of engineering with failsafes and other design features to keep it running for a long time.

Thanks!

-John C

Thanks for the quick reply. That's good to hear, I don't mind the hum.

I've been using it for a month, was always on. Yes I'm within warranty.

No trauma occured as my lighthouses are fixed 2.7 meters above ground.

Could it have been caused by poor fixing ?

I fixed this lighthouse onto a drywall using screws, didn't know it makes vibrations,

one screw was already loose, so I cut a hole next to the bracket to put nuts from behind.

• 5 months later...

A blinking red light means a hardware error and can only be fixed by sending the base station in for repairs or replacement.  I had the same issue and had to get a replacement after contacting customer service/support. 

Archived