Focus 3: unable to install VIVE Business Streaming Installer

Ties

I'm looking for someone that can assist with the install of the Vive streaming installer. 
I was able to connect the Focus 3 headset to a PC, so I know the headset is working without issues. When I now try to connect to the laptop it gives me the error 102 when installing the streaming software. 
I have tried a reinstall of SteamVR, reinstall Steam, Copy the SteamVR version from PC and using that one on laptop. Tried the Beta version. Nothing seems to work. Does anyone have an idea what else I could do or troubleshoot to get it working?

It's important the headset runs on the laptop since I require a mobile version. I ran the SteamVR performance app and didn't get any issues.

Any tips are much appreciated. 

22 hours ago, Ties said:

I'm looking for someone that can assist with the install of the Vive streaming installer. 
I was able to connect the Focus 3 headset to a PC, so I know the headset is working without issues. When I now try to connect to the laptop it gives me the error 102 when installing the streaming software. 
I have tried a reinstall of SteamVR, reinstall Steam, Copy the SteamVR version from PC and using that one on laptop. Tried the Beta version. Nothing seems to work. Does anyone have an idea what else I could do or troubleshoot to get it working?

It's important the headset runs on the laptop since I require a mobile version. I ran the SteamVR performance app and didn't get any issues.

Any tips are much appreciated. 

For anyone running into the same issue. "This took me a long while to figure out". 
Somehow SteamVR didn't have admin rights. I had to go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\bin\win64"
And run vrstartup.exe as admin. Keep it open and then install the VIVEBusinessStreamingInstaller.exe

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hey there, thanks for providing the workaround. 

For anyone who also encounter this error, we had also updated the error code troubleshooting page reference to the error 102.
In short, you need to launch SteamVR at least once to complete the SteamVR installation before installing VBS application. If you found this doesn't fix your issue, feel free to reply back to me. Thanks

https://business.vive.com/us/support/vbs/category_howto/what-error-codes-and-messages-mean.html
image.png.4ca5363214a985d34bbb664f723862b0.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/17/2022 at 1:33 PM, Ties said:

For anyone running into the same issue. "This took me a long while to figure out". 
Somehow SteamVR didn't have admin rights. I had to go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\bin\win64"
And run vrstartup.exe as admin. Keep it open and then install the VIVEBusinessStreamingInstaller.exe

Many thanks! Took my 5+ hrs trying to install the focus 3 to find your advice. This should really be improved!

Edited by DFIPK

• 2 months later...

I have an error. I have Steam VR loaded and running in admin mode. I try to downlaod the VBS software. It comes up with Windows can not access the specified device. See photo.

permissions for account has full control.

logged in as system admin.

image.png

• 4 months later...
On 11/14/2022 at 10:29 AM, taa11 said:

I have this same error with ViveStreamingHubInstaller.exe now too

"I have an error. I have Steam VR loaded and running in admin mode. I try to downlaod the VBS software. It comes up with Windows can not access the specified device. See photo.

permissions for account has full control.

logged in as system admin.

image.png