How do you stop VivePort loading with SteamVR?

CaTaPulT

Any news on this? I'm get tired of this issue and fed up with viveport. I don't want viveport. I especially don't want it taking minutes loading and forcing me to login via a web browser while I'm starting SteamVR. I want Steam. Not Viveport.

Hi SugoiNL.

I un-installed VivePort completely weeks ago and haven't looked back. I lost Richie's plank experience but I bought it through Steam for $8. I also lost Everest but had no interest in it anyways, these 2 titles were freebies with the Vive purchase.

I don't miss VivePort at all, everything seems to run better without it and it doesn't annoy me when I'm starting SteamVR.

After seeing all the complaints about VivePort, I think they may want to consider re-writting it from the ground up so it works better and more efficiently.

Regards: Jack

Hi guys,

To stop Viveport launching while SteamVR starts up, simply follow these steps:

1. Launch SteamVR
  2. Go to Settings
  3. Go to Applications
  4. Remove the tick from Vive Dashboard
  5. Restart SteamVR

Hopefully this helps

Thank you for your support

Cory.C

• 5 months later...

I guess this works, but it definitely isn't optimal. I am basically considering the Vive software is vaporware at this point. Especially if this isn't something they actually plan on fixing. You don't want people to be able to access your application easily so you can buy software? I will just rebuy everything on Steam then.

Archived