Has anyone gotten Boneworks to work with the Focus 3 controllers?

Tausendberg

HTC, I have a crazy suggestion, but please hear me out...

What if VBS had an Oculus Quest 2 controller emulation mode?

I don't know how complicated it would be to program something like this but pretty much every steamvr game supports Oculus Quest 2 and so if there was a relatively simple way for SteamVR to just interpret all the joystick, button, trigger, and grip messages as the same messages from the Quest 2 controllers, which it seems like that could be pretty 1 to 1, this way you could guarantee compatibility pretty much forever.

Edited by Tausendberg
typo

On 5/7/2022 at 2:43 PM, Tausendberg said:

HTC, I have a crazy suggestion, but please hear me out...

What if VBS had an Oculus Quest 2 controller emulation mode?

I don't know how complicated it would be to program something like this but pretty much every steamvr game supports Oculus Quest 2 and so if there was a relatively simple way for SteamVR to just interpret all the joystick, button, trigger, and grip messages as the same messages from the Quest 2 controllers, which it seems like that could be pretty 1 to 1, this way you could guarantee compatibility pretty much forever.

I hate it, but that probably would resolve 99% of the compatibility issues...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I looked into it further and saw that about two years ago people with Vive Cosmos, the controllers of which the Focus 3 is programmed to emulate, had the same exact issue that Focus 3 users have now, Boneworks tracks the hands and the head but the joysticks, grip, trigger, and buttons do nothing. 

Apparently then Boneworks got patched and a Vive Cosmos user made sure that every single control at the time was assigned because if even one command in the SteamVR interface wasn't binded, it wouldn't work. This was two years ago and Boneworks got patched since then which begs the question...

Does anyone currently own a Vive Cosmos and have they tried to use Boneworks V. 1.6 with it? Have they been able to get it to work today?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Tausendberg,

It's nice to hear that you have Boneworks working with Focus 3. I do want to try out this game. I have my software and focus 3 updated to the latest. Does this mean I can simply download the game and play it without any modification on the settings?