Vive Focus 3 Facial Gasket

Raeldor

I see on the website there is a 'narrow' and 'wide' option now available.  Does anyone know what the one supplied with the device is?  I'm getting light leak, so if the one supplied is wide I'd like to order the narrow.

Thanks

@Raeldor If you pull away the gasket from the unit and check the inside of the very center of the gasket between the top two magnets, you'll find a letter (W or N) that corresponds to the style. Mine USA SKU came with W(ide). I'm not sure what's up with the narrow not being available in USA - my first guess is that it might be shipping chain related. It might be easiest to request one from a US sales team member - they'd be closer to that side of the product.

4 hours ago, HackPerception said:

@Raeldor If you pull away the gasket from the unit and check the inside of the very center of the gasket between the top two magnets, you'll find a letter (W or N) that corresponds to the style. Mine USA SKU came with W(ide). I'm not sure what's up with the narrow not being available in USA - my first guess is that it might be shipping chain related. It might be easiest to request one from a US sales team member - they'd be closer to that side of the product.

Appreciate the reply... indeed it says 'W'. Since SO many reviews are talking about light leak you have to wonder why they ship with 'W' by default.

I spoke to customer support in the US.  They really had no idea it even existed, but said they would look into it.  I wish Europe supported international shipping, but I may be going to England this month, so I'll try and get one there and see how it works out.  Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I'm fuming!  I went all the way to England, picked up the narrow facial gasket.  When I got back there was still light leakage on the sides.  I compared them side-by-side and they are EXACTLY the same size despite one clearly having 'W' and the other having 'N' written on it.  What kind of game are HTC trying to pull here?  This thing cost over $80 including shipping. :@

Vive Focus 3 Gaskets.jpg

Edited by Raeldor

I found much less light leak with the narrow one..... but..... I no longer use it....

Why?

The narrow one is exceedingly uncomfortable for any gaming over 15 mins. I think it is because it grips the top of my forehead so tightly. It's like a need the forehead shape of the wide one but a bit more padding or extensions on the side.

This might be something that only happens with my face shape, but the light leak is in the form of two vertical strips, one on each side of the headset and is very noticeable if bright light is shining in through the windows.

Despite this issue, I still think this is the best gaming headset available for a reasonable price to the consumer.

On 4/11/2022 at 3:21 PM, RobP said:

I found much less light leak with the narrow one..... but..... I no longer use it....

Why?

The narrow one is exceedingly uncomfortable for any gaming over 15 mins. I think it is because it grips the top of my forehead so tightly. It's like a need the forehead shape of the wide one but a bit more padding or extensions on the side.

This might be something that only happens with my face shape, but the light leak is in the form of two vertical strips, one on each side of the headset and is very noticeable if bright light is shining in through the windows.

Despite this issue, I still think this is the best gaming headset available for a reasonable price to the consumer.

I have the same problem, where the light leakage is vertical strips on the side.  Even with the narrow gasket.  I was really expecting the plastic part would be a different shape for that money; it's very frustrating.  I've complained bitterly to their support, though I fear it will fall on deaf ears.  At this point I'm thinking to rip the foam off of one and put velcro on, and see if I can attach a third party foam which may or may not help.