[UPDATE] VRS Studio V0.0.3 - Download and Experience now

C.T.

Vive Reality System (VRS) Studio is a sample demo content that provides VRS experience demo on Vive Focus3. In the version 0.0.1 contains multiple hand interactions by the latest Wave SDK and VIVE Input Utility (VIU). Within the VRS studio, we provided a set of features and user interface that can help you speed up on the development.

Features include Tutorial, Interaction, 2D/3D Panel, Object operations, Keyboard typing, and Little Game.

Wave SDK: https://developer.vive.com/resources/vive-wave/
VIU: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/integration/vive-input-utility-64219

VRS APK Download here: VRSStudio_0.0.3_20220914.apk

Demo Clips can be found below.

Hand tutorial

The first scene when user launch VRS Studio is Hand tutorial. Hand tutorial is for user to learn how hand detected and learn to summon VRS Studio menu. User can also enter hand tutorial again by click VRS Studio menu.

1.jpg.ffa9dcd29089d8940a5049d76a299d9b.jpg

VRS Studio menu

It’s the entry of all scenes. By left hand palm-up gesture, VRS Studio menu would be summoned.

2.jpg.4f87dadff6c4f9b91ec992eb929b5e73.jpg

2D/3D panel

VRS Studio provides hand-touch experience on virtual panel GUIs. By hand detection, user touch to control panels straightly.

If you are a Unity developer. You can also find this asset in VIVE Input Utility plugin.

3.jpg.3d010c230c055638217ebc801c33acfa.jpg

Object operations

Object operation scenes provide grab/stretch/throw objects experiences.

4.jpg.4cf669a41eeb9869712ccadc4256028f.jpg

Keyboard typing

With hand tracking function, users may also wish to type characters by hand. So VRS Studio also provide hand typing keyboard. User can type and grab to move keyboard by hands straightly.

5.jpg.10343ad9a47209d0dc20277665d76d27.jpg

Little gamming

Vive Focus3 and Wave SDK provide hand gesture for content developing. Rock paper scissors game is a mini game which is applied these gestures. By hand gestures, user can play rock-paper-scissors with Robot.

6.jpg.c05f53135a5f6efb5f2de50efe1bfaa8.jpg

image.png.03c98b53eaf0d238282d5a34e41e98d4.pngimage.png.bca9af0e5e831f19a3bd0b1e7b74e0e9.png

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi All,

We'd pleased to share the update of new APK (v.0.0.3) for Vive Reality System (VRS) Studio.

VRSStudio_0.0.3_20220914.apk

The main change is to add new mini game: Dice and poker.

The mini game demos how to use hand to interact with small objects, and how to handle the case when two hands are close.

Thanks and let us know your feedbacks.

Note: You may need to log in to download the APK.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2022 at 4:58 AM, Tony PH Lin said:

Hi All,

We'd pleased to share the update of new APK (v.0.0.3) for Vive Reality System (VRS) Studio.

VRSStudio_0.0.3_20220914.apk 123.82 MB · 6 downloads

The main change is to add new mini game: Dice and poker.

The mini game demos how to use hand to interact with small objects, and how to handle the case when two hands are close.

Thanks and let us know your feedbacks.

Note: You may need to log in to download the APK.

Hello!

Glad to see what we can do with our hands now.

Game is very smooth, and grabbing is a little bit better. The robot is also very well made 🙂
However, I cannot throw objects (or very rarely) : at the end of the movement, when my arm is extended, my fingers only open 1 second after I opened my hand in front of the headset, making the object fall without momentum.
The delay does not happen when I do not have an object in my hand.
I have small questions:

How did you develop this application internally?
Through numerous builds and tests inside the headset or direct preview?

Also, how is the 32-bit build different from the 64-bit build, as we use the apk for focus 3 ?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @vethetheth,

Sorry for late response.

For the delay maybe due to hand occlusion? We have a FOTA 5.3 ROM update so maybe you can try again with this latest ROM.

For developing question, we have numerous build and tests inside the headset.

In terms of 32-bit build, we think no differences functionality wise, however, the 64-bit build should be less prone to out-of-memory issues (not that we have encountered memory issues on 32-bit so far). Personally recommend using 64-bit anyway.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks.

• 5 months later...

Wow, no updates since November 2022!

There is a version of VRS that came installed on my XR Elite that I received just 5 days ago on April 20, 2023 and I have to admit that I didn't know how to use it but it seems to have very few options.

My biggest gripe is that once you activate VRS, you can't exit without a reboot!

Please provide a way to exit this App without rebooting or if I have missed this option, make it visible!

Edited by xrSoftware